• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Its over 1,000,000!!! India weaponizes world's hottest chilli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh1ner

Mr. B Natural said:
"It is grown and eaten in India's northeast for its taste, as a cure for stomach troubles and a way to fight the crippling summer heat."

CONFIRMED, Indians are the new Spartans.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mr. B Natural said:
If you were sweating from heat, would you eat something spicy?
Happens all the time, actually. Why do you think there's so much traditional spicy food in regions where it's mostly hot? Eating/drinking something hot means more sweat, which cools you down more.

Binabik15

Buuut doesn´t it burn twice? I wouldn´t eat that stuff :lol

I saw something on tv about people eating spicy chili, no idea if it was this ghost stuff. One guy turned red, started to sweat like crazy and where his hand touched his wife´s leg he left a red mark on her. Crazy hobby.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
2chq63q.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SmokyDave said:
Jeez, I have a 250,000 Scoville hot sauce at home and that thing is a killer. Wouldn't like to try this.
I had considered growing some of these this year, but I couldn't really figure out a purpose, since I would never consider eating them.

ColonelVirus

Neo Member
Ha I eaten these before. They are pretty hot, personally I though the naga was hotter. I generally cook these in my home made chilli con carne and pasta. Man i love hot food.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ColonelVirus said:
Ha I eaten these before. They are pretty hot, personally I though the naga was hotter. I generally cook these in my home made chilli con carne and pasta. Man i love hot food.
The Bhut Jolokia and the Naga Jolokia are two names for the same thing.

I'm sure you're cooking with these every day. There's nothing short of you showing up on my doorstep and eating one right in front of me that's going to convince me that you're not lying.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Angry Grimace said:
The Bhut Jolokia and the Naga Jolokia are two names for the same thing.

I'm sure you're cooking with these every day. There's nothing short of you showing up on my doorstep and eating one right in front of me that's going to convince me that you're not lying.
Might just be internet tough guy stuff but its not that far fetched. People do eat these.. they are not natures dare. Like eating anything spicy, regular consumption and acclimation are key parts.

Here is a guy who eats an entire pepper and does rather well with it. The sweat is pouring from his face later in the video so it appears genuine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaEjcY30wgY&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Leunam

Interesting thing about these peppers is that their Scoville rating will vary depending on where they are grown. Whenever a new hottest pepper is found, the exact location and climate is recorded since it influences how hot they will be. So obviously while ghost peppers are unbelievably spicy, there is usually a handful of ghost peppers which are spicier than any other.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Peronthious said:
If you grow up around them you get used to it. For a time I put habenero sauce, I think it was Beyond Insanity, on everything. Eventually I burned off the pain receptors in my mouth.

Same reason real thai food is so hot.

True.Try the Lab Moo!

Dyno

I looooove Bhut Jolokia hot sauces! I always have some at home. They are rated around a million scoville each. They are the one kind of hot sauce that I haven't gotten use to yet.

How hot is Bhut Jolokia? Any time I start typing about them I start to sweat under my eyes and around my nose. The memory alone can cause a physical reaction.

Currently I'm working through Blair's Ultra Death sauce. They say you shouldn't eat it without dilution. That's bull, it goes nice with crackers and cheese.

http://extremefood.com/shop/product.php?productid=14

Minamu

Dyno said:
I looooove Bhut Jolokia hot sauces! I always have some at home. They are rated around a million scoville each. They are the one kind of hot sauce that I haven't gotten use to yet.

How hot is Bhut Jolokia? Any time I start typing about them I start to sweat under my eyes and around my nose. The memory alone can cause a physical reaction.

Currently I'm working through Blair's Ultra Death sauce. They say you shouldn't eat it without dilution. That's bull, it goes nice with crackers and cheese.

http://extremefood.com/shop/product.php?productid=14
What's going on in this post? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom