• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's that time for another "what cologne do you wear?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamesj

Banned
Spring's coming up, it's time to smell good again.

I bought these two for the rest of the year, though I have a feeling I'll buy more. Like saving up for some Creed Himalaya or something.

Burberry the Beat
23iur9z.jpg

Guerlain Homme
s4m4j5.jpg

Both smell great and are pretty unique (though Beat was sold out at a bunch of stores, surprisingly.)

Post your cologne of choice

daemonic

Banned
nd.3341.jpg

issei_miyake.jpg

But luckily both are almost done, I'm starting to get sick of them. Now looking for something a bit more musky/masculine. Any suggestions?

I generally switch off between Creed Himalaya and Green Irish Tweed for day-to-day wearing.

On special occasions, I'll put on the Millesime Imperial. Unmatched IMO.

Yeah, I do love Creed. They're pricey, but I have yet to find something better. On occasions when I feel like wearing something else, I'll use Lacoste Essential, but rarely, if ever.

Edit: Didn't realize people were posting pics. Here they are:
Himalaya:
1070r2e.jpg

Green Irish Tweed:
11bufd3.jpg

Millesime Imperial:
b9hw28.jpg

Shaneus

Aqua by Bulgari. I've honestly never worn anything that attracts as much attention as this does. I also occasionally rock Eau d'Issey and Chrome by Azzardi, but yeah... Bulgari Aqua is the shit. Went through 75ml in about 12 months :lol

86177d1231241014-perfume-cologne-do-you-use-bulgari_aqua_homme.gif

jts

...hate me...
Americans usually talk about cologne. Is cologne the same thing as perfume?

Anyway, this is what I use:

calvin-klein-crave-1228.jpg

So. Good.

Hypnose%20%20Cologne%20by%20%20Lancome%20%20for%20Men.jpg

I received it as a gift for highschool graduation. I never heard of it and figured it would suck. It smells amazing. It is the best cologne on this planet. Anything you're wearing is inferior to Hypnose.

jts said:
Americans usually talk about cologne. Is cologne the same thing as perfume?

Anyway, this is what I use:

calvin-klein-crave-1228.jpg

So. Good.

I used this on and off for about a year (before I went exclusive with Hypnose). It does smell pretty awesome.

TxdoHawk

I rotate between a bunch:

A*men - A little on the strange side, being a gourmand, but women love the scent. It's unique, that's for sure.

L'eau d'Issey - Way too popular now, but still a great strong scent, especially for winter. Now that it's warming up though, this will likely gather some dust.

Patrick Dempsey: Unscripted - A gift from my aunt that works for Avon. I seriously considered pitching it on Ebay thinking it couldn't possibly be good, but I tried it and I enjoy it. Masculine with a hint of musk, but not overly so.

Paco Rabanne Black XS - Amazing scent, and women love it. The problem is that I can bathe in this stuff (we're talking 6-7 sprays) and it will still be gone a half-hour later. If this stuff had anything resembling longevity it'd be at the top of my list, and by all the review raves I wonder if I got a bad bottle.

Cheeto said:
:lol I am intrigued at this.

Calvin Klein's Eternity has been my staple for over a decade.
CK_Eternity_m.jpg

I've been thinking of changing, I like the way Joop! smells and have thought about switching to that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off topic but here is what I just bought my wife, she's used this for over a decade as well. Expensive, but well worth it. A little goes a long way!

dior-hypnotic-poison-100ml-dama.jpg

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
RJNavarrete said:

good choice :) i wear ralph lauren romance perfume for women:

10019297.jpg

i also sometimes wear "lauren" by ralph lauren, mostly out of habit. i bought it years ago because i thought it'd be cool to have a perfume with the same name as me. i really grew to like it, though:

41BTYJRC43L._SS500_.jpg

i can get all the RL perfumes for super cheap, since my mom works for ralph lauren.

i also like j'adore by dior... hate the way the bottle looks though... and it's been a while since i bought it:

10017659.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
xs-by-paco-rabanne-1010435.jpg

XS - Paco Rabanne

Years ago I took a female friend of mine to come pick a cologne with me, the directive "find the cologne that makes you horny"

Been using it ever since, its fantastic.

0410CP10a.jpg

Seriously man, this is all you need.
"Smooth Blast" by old Spice is fucking fantastic.
I've been using old spice for years, it's never steered me wrong.

Mamesj

Banned
Timedog said:
i like drakkar noir because it makes me smell like a scumbag.

I wear Drakkar when I go out and break the windows of poor asian shopkeepers who didn't pay protection

doogles said:
How much does this stuff cost and how long do the bottles last?

They range and each kind comes in different sizes. Creed might be the most expensive stuff posted so far (but I'm not totally familiar with all of it...) Of the stuff I posted:

--2.7oz bottle of Guerlain Homme - retails at $80, but I got in on amazon for $55
--3.3oz bottle of Burberry the Beat - retails at $72 and I had to pay full price 'cause it just came out.
I also have a 2.5oz of Polo Black - retails at $51.99, got it for $35, I think.

The first two bottles will easily last at least the rest of the year and probably much longer. I do a spray or two before work and one spray when I'm not working. I've had the Polo Black for about a year and it's only half finished, I don't really wear it anymore now that I have this new stuff though.

Cologne doesn't really get discounted until it's been out for a while, after that you can find deals online. Stores like Neiman Marcus never discount the stuff, especially since the good scents tend to be timeless-- people just won't stop buying stuff by Polo, Burberry, Hugo Boss, Armani, etc. Some go out of style...I think Lagerfield Photo, Drakkar Noir, and Brut all used to be more popular in the 80s/90s.

I own so many bottles.

10015661.jpg
Versace Blue Jeans
10021330.jpg
Burberry London
10022752.jpg
Cuba Gold/Cuba Red
10023119.jpg
Curve
10021028_x250_y200_off36.png
DKNY Be Delcious
41WenPO2uML._SL500_AA280_.jpg