• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT We Dust Off Our SNES and Play Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals

I just played this for the first time a few months back. Awesome fucking game. I didn't much care for the first, but this one was pretty great. The only real downside that stuck with me is that it is crazy easy. Like, I think I spammed normal attacks for the final boss fights.

The final bosses were not really that hard. I find some of the earlier fights way harder along with some of the side content. The real challenge in the game comes from the puzzles and the Ancient Cave.

yeb

Easily my favorite game of its generation. Loved the characters, it had one of the best soundtracks of any RPG I've played, and the mechanics were WAY ahead of their time. No random battles in dungeons, limit breaks way before FF7, optional characters, multiple forms of NG+, and possibly the best optional dungeon ever. I'm just sad it never had a sequel that did it justice.

Also, Dekar
had what I felt was one of the most convincing fake-deaths in RPG history.

It's also the origin of one of the only videogame remixes that I keep on my phone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EzMOAswIYM

Edit: How did I forget the puzzles? I really wish RPGs like this were more common.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I bought this right before SNES games prices started going stupid and barely got started on it. In for one long overdue playthrough!

Silraru

I really like the puzzles in the dungeons. They are quite well done for sure. I also liked that cave, forgot what it's called. The one with 100 levels and a big goo boss at the end. I never actually beat the goo tbh. Still really liked it. Unfortunately my SNES cart is old and the battery isnt quite cutting it. :(

The first Lufia game was actually one of the first RPGs I can remember playing. I eventually got to play he sequel when I bought in... probably 2007 or so. I only got about halfway through it though. Something else came along and i got distracted - but this certainly encourages me to take another crack at it. It really is a fantastic game. The quality of the du goons can't be overstated.

Teknoman

I really like the puzzles in the dungeons. They are quite well done for sure. I also liked that cave, forgot what it's called. The one with 100 levels and a big goo boss at the end. I never actually beat the goo tbh. Still really liked it. Unfortunately my SNES cart is old and the battery isnt quite cutting it. :(

Get that battery fixed. If you arent handy with a solder iron, get someone to install one of those clip on battery holders, and go with that.

I just started my run through this morning and got up to the Alunze Kingdom (third town). The game definitely starts a bit simple, but this is where it really starts to ramp up in dungeon complexity and you finally get more than one party member.

Top Bottom