• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata Asks: NERD (Nintendo European Research and Development, formerly Mobiclip)

Eusis

They don't really go into detail regarding their current projects, they just gave a few examples - specifically cloud computing and GPGPU development. According to various Linkedin profiles, it's all very top secret and very awesome.
Interesting, sounds like they really leaped up from just making video codecs then.

wsippel

Banned
Interesting, sounds like they really leaped up from just making video codecs then.
Jérôme Larrieu was one of the founders and head of R&D at 4X Technologies, a middleware and game development company. Delattre also worked in R&D at the company. 4X already worked on video codecs for Nintendo systems, namely 4X Movie for GBA, but they also developed game engines (X3D, Phoenix3D, Phoenix VR) and various other tools - so it seems their investors at MobiClip were responsible for the focus on codecs, and now that they're part of Nintendo, they've gone back to the roots.

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

I love how the translated this on the spanish Simpson dub, instead of using the word "empollones" that would have been the more similar term, they used the insult "gilipollas" and shortened it to "Gilis" (So Homer shouts: GILIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS), that even if its maybe not the exact term it worked amazingly well on the episode and was funny as hell.

joesiv

Neat, a bunch of nerds nerding out. I love hearing about this techy stuff, I was hoping they'd drop some info on some problems they're currently trying to solve with the Wii U :)

Hopefully they can leverage the "cloud" to boost the WiiU's performance by 40x! ;)

Top Bottom