• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata Asks: Wii U (Camera Recognition e.t.c.)

Sorry if posted. Didn't see it anywhere.

http://e3.nintendo.com/iwataasks/

Interesting, for the use of the controller camera MAYBE being able to recognise you, as well as be a status monitor during Wii Fit

Think it also confirms only one Wii U controller, and Mii's replacing Toads in Mario

I also missed the Link painting image

Works fine for me!

Lol at Miyamoto dissing anyone bitching about 2 screens, and that you can now play Nintendo games at home on a console, using only Nintendo hardware!!

Nairume

Banned
DefectiveReject said:
Think it also confirms only one Wii U controller, and Mii's replacing Toads in Mario
I don't think it does that at all. One of the sections talks about possibilities with the controller allowing players to each have their own information on their screen that other players aren't going to be able to see. There's no way they'd talk up that feature to that extent if it only worked in the context of Chase Mii.

rpmurphy

DefectiveReject said:
Works fine for me!

Lol at Miyamoto dissing anyone bitching about 2 screens, and that you can now play Nintendo games at home on a console, using only Nintendo hardware!!
Nintendo copying Sony again!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
BTW, what was it that Iwata said when everyone was posting LOL IWATA TROLLING US and the audience laughed? I missed that part.

Shorty

Banned
140.85 said:
BTW, what was it that Iwata said when everyone was posting LOL IWATA TROLLING US and the audience laughed? I missed that part.
he teased the cafe reveal but postponed it for later in the conference

-KRS-

140.85 said:

Probably the part when he said that he wanted to wait with the further details of Wii U until "later this morning".

Edit: beaten

andthebeatgoeson

Why would you do that? said:
Apparently, you can use the Wii U controller by itself to connect to peripherals such as the Wii Balance Board. And you can check your weight or whatever.
Even seemed to state you could turn it on quickly. Quick launch? Also, this seems to contradict the idea you can use only one controller. But, after a step back, that seems immensely retarded.

I can't believe this thing won't make Wii games look HD (ie; Upscale properly) on TV like Dolphin... why are all the game's programmed with HD textures and such then?

Such a pity to have Skyward Sword wasted on SD graphics because that trailer looks so amazing.

MGrant

Great interview. I love how analytically and creatively these two men are able to discuss the direction they're taking, with regards to not just the hardware and software they are representing, but also the philosophy behind videogames in the household.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Another Miyamoto hobby turned product

And in Japan, Karaoke is very popular. It comes with a remote control, and on the larger screen (TV) it displays the information of the song that's currently playing, and the person who's up next is selecting the song on the screen of the remote. I think the same function exists with the new controller.

Top Bottom