• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie S3 |OT| The Walking Med - Tues 9/8c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent show - one of the best shows on television right now. Loved the second season. Also Liv is like, the loveliest actress ever and a pleasure to watch. Subbed!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Following the cast on Twitter is a must. They post funny behind the scenes stuff constantly. Everyone said they'd be tweeting more along with the show since filming was 100% done before the season premiere this year.

Ready for the premiere like

62610c309c016b304d3fdd5c309f2b38.gif

Joni

"Heaven Just Got a Little Bit Smoother" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

YOUR FAVORITE ZOM-COM-ROM-DRAM IS BACK FOR SEASON 3 - Liv (Rose McIver) has discovered there are more zombies living in Seattle than she previously believed. In fact, there's a private military contractor employing a small zombie army, and that army is preparing for the day humans learn of their existence. Major (Robert Buckley) was exonerated for the crimes of the Chaos Killer, but is still considered a pariah. He manages to land a job with the one and only place that will hire him. Meanwhile, Blaine (David Anders) is accused of lying. Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli and Aly Michalka also star. Dan Etheridge directed the episode written by Rob Thomas (#301). Original airdate 4/4/2017.

TripOpt55

Man I love this show. A lot of interesting threads started up in this episode. All the things we learn about the PMC like the zombie kids plus Major joining it, Ravi's old boss showing up, the stuff with Blaine's dad, etc. Cool to see Peyton in the intro sequence too. As always some really funny dialogue:

-“The world is mourning the passing of Rob Thomas today and nobody’s got you covered like 98.7. This tweet just came in from Carlos Santana: “Heaven just got a little bit smoother #stoptheviolence”

-Clive: “What if in the history of the zombie wars, I’m the human who had a chance to say something and I sat on my hands?”
Ravi: “I mean, bright side. The writer of the history of the zombie wars will very likely be a zombie and you’ll be viewed as a hero.”

So glad this show is back. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
starting off the season on peak shenanigans. didnt see major going that route, but it makes sense

Jhoan

Not a single brain was consumed this episode but all the plot points setting up the rest of the season are really fascinating. Blaine's pops coming back into the picture is bound to be a good one with Blaine's memories being wiped out temporarily.

Next episode is going to be so much fun!
Major eating a 15 year old's brain and taking selfies? In like Donkey Kong.

Volimar

The end of the episode, so sad.

I kind of expected the woman that the CDC brought in to be the one that Major was looking for.

Thought the premiere did a great job in setting up the rest of the season. I forgot how many plot threads the show had going, particularly the one about Major being sick and dying unless he takes the cure.

Good thing Ravi is working on something to restore memory loss.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Hot Takes for Ep 1

- Peyton in the opening! Yay!
- I like that Liv & Major are still on soldier brains. Nice carry over from Season 2
- This episode has a lot of Clive. Loving it.
- Do undead kids grow or stay kids?
- Good Lord, Peyton
giphy.gif

- Zombies are #FakeNews. Stay woke.
- More Blaine singing. I approve.
- Ravi ghosted Peyton in the middle of a love triangle? Rookie mistake.
- Wally 😢
- Major being at the center of the shitstorm is so very Major lol

Great episode. Lots of setup for where this season is going. First episode aired, you can renew this show now, CW!

Grizzlyjin

8am? You sure it's not 8pm? I checked earlier and couldn't see it :-/ I also thought it was am

Yep, pretty sure. Only issues I've seen is people in Ireland have been saying it isn't showing up for them.

chaosaeon

Couple minor spoilers in there, so might want to avoid if you're sensitive to that. He talks about the big bad
or lack thereof
this season, and the general direction some of the character arcs will take.

Minor spoilers ? So the dog is back !

I was kind of disappointed at the end of S2 when
they killed off RitaGilda so fast after she was becoming a zombie. I liked her zombie look and wanted to see what would happen to her character after that.

-Deimos

That was a great premiere and next week's episode looks hilarious. I missed this show.

Minor spoilers ? So the dog is back !

I was kind of disappointed at the end of S2 when
they killed off RitaGilda so fast after she was becoming a zombie. I liked her zombie look and wanted to see what would happen to her character after that.

Don't remind me...RIP Rita/Gilda.

Grizzlyjin

Don't remind me...RIP Rita/Gilda.

Zombie Rita was everyone's new crush last year. Gone too soon. Leanne Lapp and Steven Weber had great chemistry, their scenes together always cracked me up.

Vivian Stoll is playing nice now, but she has a literal army at her disposal. Oh, and her husband is so still alive somewhere. Betting money on that. I wonder how "Zombie Island" is going to come into play, you just know that gun has to go off eventually.

Volimar

Zombie Rita was everyone's new crush last year. Gone too soon. Leanne Lapp and Steven Weber had great chemistry, their scenes together always cracked me up.

Vivian Stoll is playing nice now, but she has a literal army at her disposal. Oh, and her husband is so still alive somewhere. Betting money on that. I wonder how "Zombie Island" is going to come into play, you just know that gun has to go off eventually.

It'd be great if Blaine's dad was her husband under a different name.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

zombie island is a terrible idea if it comes to rebuilding/defending. its asking for military drone strikes

Joni

Vivian Stoll seems like the kind of person that would kill a family to get Clive and Liv on her side.

Joni

"Zombie Knows Best" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

MAJOR ON ANGSTY TEENAGE GIRL BRAINS - When Liv (Rose McIver), Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) and Ravi (Rahul Kohli) arrive at the scene to investigate a fatal car accident, they begin to suspect foul play was involved. Both starving, Liv and Major (Robert Buckley) consume the brains of the accident victims, a well-meaning father and his angsty teenage daughter. Meanwhile, when Clive is brought in for questioning about a family that was murdered, he's forced to reveal his past history with them. Lastly, Peyton (Aly Michalka) extends an olive branch to Ravi (Rahul Kohli), and Major hits a road block in his search for Natalie (guest star Brooke Lyons "The Affair"). David Anders also stars. Jason Bloom directed the episode written by Diane Ruggiero-Wright (#302). Original airdate 4/11/2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom