• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J.J. Abrams & Eric Kripke ("Supernatural" creator) co-developing "Revolution" at NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairhome

Link.
Deadline said:
EXCLUSIVE: With 2 new series, Person of Interest and Alcatraz, one returning, Fringe, and a Star Trek movie sequel on his plate, it wasn’t clear whether J.J. Abrams would be developing this year. He did, and the result, a drama written by Supernatural creator/executive producer Eric Kripke, has gotten a pilot production commitment from NBC. Like most things J.J., details about the project titled Revolution are being kept under wraps, but it’s being described as an epic adventure thriller. It hails from Abrams’ Bad Robot production company and Warner Bros. TV where the company is based. Abrams, Kripke and Bryan Burk are executive producing.
This is the second high-profile project for Kripke this season. The writer, repped by WME and Principato-Young, also is writing/executive producing an adaptation of the DC Comic Deadman for the CW and WBTV. At NBC, Bad Robot previously produced short-lived spy drama Undercovers and had an action drama penned by Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec and starring Michael Emerson and Terry O’Quinn set up at the network with a put pilot commitment last season.

I love Supernatural, I'm interested in what comes out of this.

How come the show with Emerson and O'Quinn never got made? Hopefully it's better than Undercovers. That's pretty much the only JJ Abrams show I haven't liked.

RPGamer92

Banned
BoboBrazil said:
How come the show with Emerson and O'Quinn never got made? Hopefully it's better than Undercovers. That's pretty much the only JJ Abrams show I haven't liked.
You mean Person of Interest? It just premiered last week.

PSFan said:
You mean Person of Interest? It just premiered last week.

No this:

"At NBC, Bad Robot previously produced short-lived spy drama Undercovers and had an action drama penned by Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec and starring Michael Emerson and Terry O’Quinn set up at the network with a put pilot commitment last season."

JdFoX187

Banned
I remember hearing about that and becoming extremely excited. Both are excellent actors and actually good people in real life. They could have put on one hell of a show. Guess politics with NBC got in the way of it. After the Comcast buyout, didn't they go through a complete creative reshuffling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom