• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jack Thompson -gamers ingest more drugs than others-

ultim8p00

Banned
Opiate said:
No, it wouldn't. Kids who stay in school tend to ingest less narcotics than those who drop out, so therefore, School would be a prohibitor.

I don't think there should be any question that video game players do indeed do more drugs; several studies have noted this, and one did so quite recently. The question left, of course, is whether this is a correlative or affecting relationship, and it seems much more likely that it is correlative. Which is to say, games aren't causing people to do drugs, it's just that drug users tend to be the type of people who also like video games.

That's still not flattering for video games, but it's not nearly as dire as Thompson or other activist groups might claim.

I'm talking about college here, not middle school. Also, I don't think you got me. I was being sarcastic, and I was hammering away at the point that correlation#causation.

Just because younger people are more likely to take drugs AND young people are more likely to go to school, it doesn't follow that school causes people to ingest more drugs.

Mohonky

AzureJericho said:
wat. :lol

It's Takeshi Miike.

He does some of the most bizarre, brutal and horrific scenes you'll see in film and television.

Check out;

Visitor Q
Audition
Ichi The Killer
MPD Psycho
City of Lost Souls

Should get you started.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Shard said:
That's right: In the end, Jack Thompson was considered too sleazy to be a lawyer.
6sc845.gif

Top Bottom