• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaffe's Future Confirmed...1up one-upped but we still love Patrick

FightyF

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
You can't be serious, and for a second, I thought that you was going to say: they can't get a hold on him? And we got him on GAF with some posts?

Oh stop your whining.

You made the claim that 1Up made news, and so far you haven't been able to back it up.

Put up or shut up.

justjohn

eXxy said:
The story has a little clarification now. There wasn't meant to be an insinuation Jaffe has left in a tiff, only that he's in the process of setting up a new studio with Scott Campbell.

Jaffe refutes none of this in his NeoGAF comments.

And I never said he was moving to Utah.
quite you

alu

eXxy said:
The story has a little clarification now. There wasn't meant to be an insinuation Jaffe has left in a tiff, only that he's in the process of setting up a new studio with Scott Campbell.

Problem solved. :)

Are you in this week's 1up yours?

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
justjohn said:
quite you

Quite what? He's setting up new digs in Utah, he won't be moving there (as pointed out in the article, he's been flying back and forth to Utah for a very long time now while working with Incognito) and we'll hear official word about this within the next month or so.

I stand by my story. Bookmark this thread.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
eXxy said:

So who made the title of the article then?
Jaffe Forming Studio with Head of Incognito
DEPARTURE: Group to be based out of Utah, as hinted.
utah.jpg

eXxy said:
Quite what? He's setting up new digs in Utah, he won't be moving there (as pointed out in the article, he's been flying back and forth to Utah for a very long time now while working with Incognito) and we'll hear official word about this within the next month or so.

Sampson Simpson I Stick by my story!...which party of jamaica are you from?....right near the beach, oooooh-eeeeee.

damn glad i got my wisdoms out today. otherwise i woulda been at work and missed this lol

Fight for Freeform said:
Oh stop your whining.

You made the claim that 1Up made news, and so far you haven't been able to back it up.

Put up or shut up.
Which part of Jaffe is and will be working at SCEA you can't understand?

Fight for Freeform said:
Wait a minute, 1Up attempted to contact David for his side of the story, as they said they couldn't get a hold of him. If they did, this story wouldn't have been printed.

Stop jumping on 1Up just because they accidentally (and temporarily) hurt your feelings.

kleenex.jpg

So if they can not confirm information from sources it is ok to just go post whatever story they want?
BRILLIANT!

I think you should save those tissues spanky.

eXxy said:

I stand by my story. Bookmark this thread.

So you stand by your statement that "David Jaffe is no longer a part of the internal workings at Sony Computer Entertainment America"?

Kittonwy

Banned
davidjaffe said:
I can promise you guys I am still part of SCEA...I just got a paycheck from them! I am still 100% a Sony employee and unless I got fired today and they didn't tell me, I'm still working for them. Also, I love working with the guys at Incog and hope to work with them for a long, long time but I sure as shit ain't moving to Utah...nice as it is, I don't think I could live there long term and I don't think the good people of Utah would want me to :)

David

We wuv u Jaffe, you're awesome-wowsome please stay with us.
Indifferent2.gif

Please also tell Jobe he's awesome-wowsome. We wuv Jobe, we really do. GO JOBE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

davidjaffe said:
For the record, tho: I dig 1up and am not trying to slam them and I like Patrick's work too (shit man, I just wanna go on the freaking podcast, I'll say anything!

But really, not slamming anyone, just explaining my position. I will shut up now. See ya'll!

David

WELCOME BACK :'( *hugs* I'm in tears!!! I MISSED U!! *more hugs*

1up.com said:
Update: Just a little clarification for those slightly confused by this story. David Jaffe, at this very moment, is still employed by Sony. But he is very much in the process of setting up this new Utah-based studio with Scott Campbell. This new studio is said to be independent of Sony, so his role within the company is currently changing or disappearing. He will not be moving to Utah, though.

lol :)

VonGak!

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
Oh stop your whining.

Put up or shut up.

Running with half truths and blowing them out of proportion do not help on the reputation Internet journalism has gotten even though the story has not been printed.

It reminds me of when game "journalists" make headlines saying "MGS4 only out by Marts '08" based on Konami's financial report expect high profits from MGS4 in its fiscal year which ends March '08.

Any twit would know that if the game only was released in March '08 then it obviously wouldn't be included in the '07 fiscal year but apparently game journalists don't.

I just want to feel that an article is based on more than I can find in a gaming forum.
But as we all know the big news stories are often copy wasted from the gaming boards (like Gamespot's latest and only SCE exclusive story for some time was based on a GT4 video which had circulated the boards for some time).

NB: this is not an attack on 1up but game journalism in general with its unqualified speculations and fanboy comments.

Kraptaku owned by Gaf :lol

"UPDATE: David Jaffe himself wrote on message board NeoGAF: "I can promise you guys I am still part of SCEA...I just got a paycheck from them! I am still 100% a Sony employee and unless I got fired today and they didn't tell me, I'm still working for them. Also, I love working with the guys at Incog and hope to work with them for a long, long time but I sure as shit ain't moving to Utah...nice as it is, I don't think I could live there long term and I don't think the good people of Utah would want me to."

davidjaffe said:
For the record, tho: I dig 1up and am not trying to slam them and I like Patrick's work too (shit man, I just wanna go on the freaking podcast, I'll say anything! :)

Has EGM Live even contacted you? Every Episode "You may notice David Jaffe isn't here".

FightyF

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
Which part of Jaffe is and will be working at SCEA you can't understand?

Well, with that sort of grammar it's pretty tough to understand that sentence. :)

Again, you claimed that 1Up made up this news...I want to see your evidence. Stop trying to dance around my question.

OokieSpookie said:
So if they can not confirm information from sources it is ok to just go post whatever story they want?
BRILLIANT!

This is how ANY sort of breaking news is reported. 1Up was justified in reporting it as even a Sony representative couldn't outright dispel it, when s/he had the opportunity to.

VonGack! said:
Running with half truths and blowing them out of proportion do not help on the reputation Internet journalism has gotten even though the story has not been printed.

What is interesting is the fact that 1Up didn't blow it out of proportion, people on this forum did. In fact, some even thought it meant that he left Sony COMPLETELY, when that wasn't written in the article.

tanod

when is my burrito
bigfatgameguy said:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160509

David Jaffe is no longer a part of the internal workings at Sony Computer Entertainment America. 1UP confirmed with multiple sources that Jaffe is currently working with Incognito Entertainment head Scott Campbell on the formation of a new studio to be based out of Utah.

We PMed Jaffe on NeoGAF and received no response as of press time. Jaffe himself also has not yet responded to repeated requests for comment, since he started teasing the new studio on his personal blog.

What happens to Incognito? The company is flying high on the positive buzz surrounding online-centric Warhawk and is unlikely to be affected by the shift. Jaffe has traveled back and forth between Incognito and his San Diego headquarters over the development of a number of Incognito-based games, including the recent PlayStation Network release Calling All Cars. Jaffe is expected to continue the relationship.

We hope to hear more on this new studio shortly, so stay tuned.

fixed :D
j/k around Patrick <3 1UP

Fight for Freeform said:
Well, with that sort of grammar it's pretty tough to understand that sentence. :)

Again, you claimed that 1Up made up this news...I want to see your evidence. Stop trying to dance around my question.

This is how ANY sort of breaking news is reported. 1Up was justified in reporting it as even a Sony representative couldn't outright dispel it, when s/he had the opportunity to.

What is interesting is the fact that 1Up didn't blow it out of proportion, people on this forum did. In fact, some even thought it meant that he left Sony COMPLETELY, when that wasn't written in the article.

Would you give this 1up defense crusade a rest already? The 1up article opens with "David Jaffe is no longer a part of the internal workings at Sony Computer Entertainment America", which is an absolute statement that refers to the now, and that has been directly invalidated by David Jaffe himself in this thread. The "fixed" version of the article opens with a disclaimer that mentions that "David Jaffe, at this very moment, is still employed by Sony", but the main article still begins with the aforementioned and obviously erroneous statement. If that's not shitty journalism, then I don't know what is.

Mar

Jesus. Some of you guys are acting like Patrick shat on your very own front lawn. Why do people take this shit so personaly?

YYZ

Why do people treat inaccurate journalism like it's no big deal? You let one thing slide then every other bit of info gets a free pass too.

Might as well insert reggienotmyproblem.jpg

FightyF

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Would you give this 1up defense crusade a rest already? The 1up article opens with "David Jaffe is no longer a part of the internal workings at Sony Computer Entertainment America", which is an absolute statement that refers to the now, and that has been directly invalidated by David Jaffe himself in this thread. The "fixed" version of the article opens with a disclaimer that mentions that "David Jaffe, at this very moment, is still employed by Sony", but the main article still begins with the aforementioned and obviously erroneous statement. If that's not shitty journalism, then I don't know what is.

No longer part of inner workings != no longer employed by Sony

It's not so much a crusade as it an attempt to counter the stupid in this thread. Jumping to conclusions, and then using these conclusions to bash 1Up...it's just stupid. There's no other word to describe it.

I'm just asking for people to back up their assertions. If that irritates you, then I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do for you.

Fight for Freeform said:
No longer part of inner workings != no longer employed by Sony

Ah, a supposed interpretation. Goes right in line with the quality of journalism on display here. But fine, for the sake of the argument I'll give you that one (even though, as mentioned above, you seem to apply different standard to 1up). Does it even matter? It's still an absolute statement based on hearsay, and it's reported as a matter of fact (albeit with a layer of ambivalence, in typical blog-site style) with no official confirmation from any of the parties involved to go along with the absolute, matter of fact news report. Is that really the desired standard for journalism here? Why not wait with the report until it's actually a fact that can be backed by official statements from those the article refers to? No, the scoop is the hot deal here, and it's obviously far more important than solid news reporting. We're looking at tabloid quality of journalism, and even that is being generous.

PAYBACKill

Ohhh. I wanna add one of those.

Jaffe > patrick k.

Jaffe pwns 1up

Jaffe gives 1up.com's news a facial, asks if they liked it.

etc

eXxy said:
David Jaffe is no longer a part of the internal workings at Sony Computer Entertainment America.

eXxy said:

So, he's still "part" of Sony, just not the "internal workings"?

Why do people treat inaccurate journalism like it's no big deal? You let one thing slide then every other bit of info gets a free pass too.

Might as well insert reggienotmyproblem.jpg

Agreed. If this was IGN, there'd be more pitchforks.

davidjaffe said:
I can promise you guys I am still part of SCEA...I just got a paycheck from them! I am still 100% a Sony employee and unless I got fired today and they didn't tell me, I'm still working for them. Also, I love working with the guys at Incog and hope to work with them for a long, long time but I sure as shit ain't moving to Utah...nice as it is, I don't think I could live there long term and I don't think the good people of Utah would want me to :)

David

Twisted Metal PS3?

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
sonycowboy said:
So, he's still "part" of Sony, just not the "internal workings"?

It should have been "will no longer be a part," if we're going to settle the argument over the first sentence. But, I'm not going to sit here and put up a shield for every pot shot; I contacted Jaffe several times to talk about this story and he chose to respond on NeoGAF instead of replying to me (which makes sense, this isn't an official announcement), but believe me you when this story wouldn't have appeared on 1UP without running through a number of channels to verify what's going on. Instead, people wanna lynch me!

Buncha jerks. I'm gonna go play Harry Potter Wii. :)

Top Bottom