• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Gunn prefer having cosmic side of the F4 universe in MCU than F4 themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
jdekUZ9.png

James Gunn is talking some of the things about this chart
https://www.facebook.com/jgunn?fref=nf

11986501_10152890666871157_2589013902197935790_n.jpg

gemWIob.png

wJbgiO4.png

Salsa

well yeah who doesnt want Galactus and Silver Surfer when you're already working with cosmic marvel

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In complete agreement, couldn't care less for the F4 themselves. Doom is the biggest loss, though.

Not

Banned
Wait why can't Fox just give up Fantastic Four it's not like they have a chance with that franchise now

Please keep the awesome FF characters away from the GOTG dreck. :)

Sounds like you love having an opinion different than most people have. Allow me to personally validate your distinctive uniqueness.

Kusagari

Well yeah. I doubt Marvel really cares about the F4 themselves honestly.

They want Doom, Surfer, Galactus, Super Skrull.

maxcriden

Sounds like you love having an opinion different than most people have. Allow me to personally validate your distinctive uniqueness.

I don't. I'm just surprised people like GOTG as much as they did, honestly. (And hated FF as much as they did. I thought it was a'ight.) Thank you, though, I do appreciate the validation.

What?
I'd rather have the FF characters in the GOTG world than being stuck in the shitty Fox movies.

Did you see the new FF? It wasn't that bad. Whereas I didn't think GOTG was all that. I also think most of the cosmic Marvel FF characters look too ridiculous to fit into the MCU stuff well (including Thanos, actually, and a lot of the GOTG characters). If they're going to be used, I would prefer them to be in a campier setting I think. Regardless, on that note I'd prefer the Avengers and MCU movies be more concerned with time-traveling and earth threats, and less focus on cosmic and Asgardian threats. Just my two cents.

Abounder

Banned
F4 would have been perfect for Phase 4 since MCU is going cosmic. Age of Ultron also felt like it was setting up Dr. Doom

Classic rock soundtrack is how you sell the Fantastic Four, just like Guardians and Bumblebee did for their franchises

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's too bad. Thing and Reed are two of the best characters in the Marvel Comic Book universe. Though I can see James Gunn thinking they're not 'cool' enough.

Hystzen

Gunn hates Nova (Richard not kid)so his character likes and dislikes are invalid. We do need Galactus how else can we have the cancer verse invasion

yeah, I bet marvel is kicking themselves over not having Dr doom as well. There's so much great stuff wrapped in the licenses marvel doesn't have.

Number_6

This is folly.

The cosmic FF characters are great, and would go great with Guardians, since they are a cosmic franchise.

But to have Galactus without FF, or Doom without Reed? Nonsense!

There's gold in them thar Four. One simply has to understand what they're all about. (Family and crazy fantastical sci-fi space/dimensions/lost worlds exploration and adventure)

The newest movie went for dark and realistic? WRONG!

The other movie had them saving people on the streets like street heroes? WASTED POTENTIAL!

I didn't care for it or think it was anything good or special. I know it's a minority opinion, but the movie just did not do anything for me.
Eh, I could see how one could find that movie mediocre. But to say it's worse than the latest Fantastic Four movie which was utterly boring/awful IMO, I don't see how.

Having the MCU being more grounded, I could definitely see where you're coming from though.

kewlmyc

Most people seem to want Fantastic Four back just so we can get the good villains that MCU deserves: Doom, Silver Surfer (kinda villain?), Galactus, and maybe Super Skrull.

Percy

Banned
Doctor Doom is the only real loss tbh. The actual FF characters themselves are all but ruined thanks to Fox at this point.

maruchan

How does Franklin Richards fit in this? It says marvel owns the power pac which he is part of, his a mutant and ff character..?

Slayven

James Gunn says that, but I am sure Marvel would love to have the First Family back.

I blame Fox for this silly idea that the FF is lame and impossible to adapt.

Salsa

James Gunn says that, but I am sure Marvel would love to have the First Family back.

I blame Fox for this silly idea that the FF is lame and impossible to adapt.

people love to say FF are silly but they'd fit the MCU like a god damn glove

baxter building near Avengers tower. Reed Richards being the first real threat / superior science-wise to stark/banner. thing + hulk banter. etc etc

I just find it funny that marvel is trying to distance themselves from X-Men with all of the inhuman or w/e it's called haha.

Like "look these aren't mutants"

Vanish

Oh man, I sure hope he's wrong about Marvel not getting F4 back for a while :(

Besides spite, is there even a benefit at all for Fox for keeping F4 at this point?

Oh well, at least James Gunn is still working on Guardians 2. The first was amazing, cant wait for the follow-up

MechDX

I don't. I'm just surprised people like GOTG as much as they did, honestly. (And hated FF as much as they did. I thought it was a'ight.) Thank you, though, I do appreciate the validation.

Did you see the new FF? It wasn't that bad. Whereas I didn't think GOTG was all that. I also think most of the cosmic Marvel FF characters look too ridiculous to fit into the MCU stuff well (including Thanos, actually, and a lot of the GOTG characters). If they're going to be used, I would prefer them to be in a campier setting I think. Regardless, on that note I'd prefer the Avengers and MCU movies be more concerned with time-traveling and earth threats, and less focus on cosmic and Asgardian threats. Just my two cents.

There is always "that one guy". And when you say the new FF wasn't "that bad" I mean you are literally the only one saying that

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok lets be real for a sec here.
The only reason why people care about FF is because they wanna see a badass Dr Doom.
They should forget the FF for a while and make a Dr Doom movie.

Number_6

Ok lets be real for a sec here.
The only reason why people care about FF is because they wanna see a badass Dr Doom.
They should forget the FF for a while and make a Dr Doom movie.

I'd watch a Doom movie if it still had Valeria in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom