• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Xater

e50272f6029a472b68b725880201fb6c_L.jpg

#LOLTNA

Nobody gives a shit TNA!

Edit: Except if it's Russo, because then I want to see this train wreck.

Dean is going to be an awesome solo heel in a few months.

tumblr_n01v49Yo731tnrhe1o4_r1_250.gif

"I got all the numbers!" made me laugh. Thanks for making me smile during this shit show Ambrose.

And on the subject of no longer watching the product: I basically came back because of Bryan. I loved him in the indies and watched WWE after he apparently was becoming a big thing in WWE. So far it has just been an exercise in frustration. I'll re-evaluate my desire to continue watching a couple of weeks after Wrestlemania. I do also like the guys from the Shield but if Reigns is the only guy they will push then that sucks just as much.

Rapstah

Why the fuck were there rope breaks and a ref bump to excuse Orton using foreign objects in a no DQ match? Finished watching the Rumble two hours ago and that match annoyed the fuck out of me.

WWE should run a censorship angle, where the likes of Punk and Bryan speak out about how 'The Authority'/'Machine' are muting them. Have segments on Smackdown totally censored or dropped - play the dirtsheets since they have all the spoilers up as soon as the tapings are finished.

So Punk cuts a promo on Smackdown, but it never airs type of deal. He gets mad and cuts loose LIVE ON RAW.

Have that guy from NXT with the ipad debut and say he is fighting against the censorship and dictatorship within the WWE. The Authority think they have control over the WWE Universe, but in fact he does. He fucks about with his ipad rigs those dumb WWE Universe polls in his/Punk/Bryan's favour, etc.
Have him turn cameras off, and control RAW and stuff from his ipad.

Also this doesn't surprise me one bit. They love fucking with recordings to create their version of history. Wouldn't surprised if the chants are completely changed down the line. maybe put in some "Let's go Cena" chants, stuff like that.
They've had piped in Roman Reigns chants on ghe 90 minute raw on Hulu. Brah doesn't even have a Brawlin' Buddy.

The things I would do with my Renee Young Brawlin' Buddy.

I know we've talked about this before, but WWE is almost the same (Main Event wise) as it was 10 years ago. They just can't rotate Cena and Orton out of the picture. Part of the charm of the 'Attitude Era' was people were in and out of the title picture all the time and had lead-in feuds with each other that evolved over years.

Mankind
Undertaker
Shawn Michaels
Kane
Stone Cold
The Rock

Batigol

Banned
Also this doesn't surprise me one bit. They love fucking with recordings to create their version of history. Wouldn't surprised if the chants are completely changed down the line. maybe put in some "Let's go Cena" chants, stuff like that.

They always mute crowd reactions if it's not what Vince wants. They're been plenty of examples of it. Shit, they've even did it when Raw has been in Uk

njr

I know we've talked about this before, but WWE is almost the same (Main Event wise) as it was 10 years ago. They just can't rotate Cena and Orton out of the picture. Part of the charm of the 'Attitude Era' was people were in and out of the title picture all the time and had lead-in feuds with each other that evolved over years.

Mankind
Undertaker
Shawn Michaels
Kane
Stone Cold
The Rock

Orton and Cena started when they were around 22/23 while all these guys were well into their late 20s / early 30s. They've already outlasted most main eventers even 5 years ago. It's going to be scary in 10 years when these guys will still be around burying talent.

Aiii

So not worth it
As long as the crowd keeps shitting over everything WWE does that isn't Daniel Bryan, he should be fine.

Or he'll be buried like nobody's been buried in the history of burials.

Carnby

WWE should run a censorship angle, where the likes of Punk and Bryan speak out about how 'The Authority'/'Machine' are muting them. Have segments on Smackdown totally censored or dropped - play the dirtsheets since they have all the spoilers up as soon as the tapings are finished.

So Punk cuts a promo on Smackdown, but it never airs type of deal. He gets mad and cuts loose LIVE ON RAW.

Have that guy from NXT with the ipad debut and say he is fighting against the censorship and dictatorship within the WWE. The Authority think they have control over the WWE Universe, but in fact he does. He fucks about with his ipad rigs those dumb WWE Universe polls in his/Punk/Bryan's favour, etc.
Have him turn cameras off, and control RAW and stuff from his ipad.

Nothing personal, but that's Russo booking.

Ithil

The Rumble is the second biggest PPV of the year, they do get hardcore fans travelling. I'm sure a lot of Philadelphia fans went to Pittsburgh for the Rumble.

NoTacos

Idk. Reigns was going to do his superman punch. You can't really sell a spear in that position. Maybe if Batista had hit him a little higher it would have looked better
Yeah I get that feel. Looked like Batista should have aimed higher, the way he did it made it look like he speared a brick wall (ouch).

Makes me wonder if he looks where he's spearing, or just glances and puts his head down which is dangerous. Roman's technique is spot on.

thefro

Orton and Cena started when they were around 22/23 while all these guys were well into their late 20s / early 30s. They've already outlasted most main eventers even 5 years ago. It's going to be scary in 10 years when these guys will still be around burying talent.

Cena's already been on top for as long as Hogan's WWF reign... and Hogan didn't wrestle every week on TV for free.

Well Cleveland is a shitty city, but if they watched last night maybe that will inspire them. I have to watch tonight to see the crowd reaction and possible Undertaker/Sting/Hogan appearances. I'd guess Undertaker is atleast a lock for tonight. Brock will be in the ring gloating and lights go off. Maybe Hogan will show up also. I'd prefer they keep Sting off tv for awhile or just show him in vignettes until he gets in better shape.

Aiii

So not worth it
But man IF the crowd shits on RAW tonight then you will know something's legit fucked. Especially in Cleveland, cause then it'll prove that NO ONE is happy.

It's been happening everywhere for a few weeks now, so I'll assume mainstream crowds will catch on too.

Will it be on the same level? No, but their should be loads of Bryan chants in anything involving Triple H, Orton, Cena and Batista.

Well Cleveland is a shitty city, but if they watched last night maybe that will inspire them. I have to watch tonight to see the crowd reaction and possible Undertaker/Sting/Hogan appearances. I'd guess Undertaker is atleast a lock for tonight. Brock will be in the ring gloating and lights go off. Maybe Hogan will show up also. I'd prefer they keep Sting off tv for awhile or just show him in vignettes until he gets in better shape.

I've heard they're saving Hogan and maybe Sting for the Raw right around the network launch.

With all of the hate directed at Batista and the World Title picture we really aren't focusing enough on the worst of the Attitude Era winning the tag titles. In 2014. Fuck

I didnt watch the Rumble, because I knew it was going to be a disaster. was Cena booed?

Rapstah

Mick Foley swearing about the Royal Rumble on Facebook is absolutely amazing. The man tries so hard not to say anything bad about WWE and makes an active effort not to swear ever, but it was too much for him.

Top Bottom