• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan finally gets 2003 GOTY; Famitsu pays respect

Rhindle

Ghosthunter (PS2, Sony): 7 / 7 / 8 / 7 - (29/40)
Prince of Persia: Jikan no Toki (PS2, Ubisoft): 9 / 9 / 9 / 8 - (35/40)
Run Like Hell (PS2, Capcom): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)
San Goku Shi IX with Power-Up Kit (PS2, Koei): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)
Star Wars Starfighter (Reprint) (PS2, LucasArts): 8 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (28/40)
Doko Demo Issyo: Toro to Ippai (PS2, Sony): 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)
Simple 2000 Series Vol. 58: The Gekai (PS2, D3): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)
Simple 2000 Series Vol. 60: The Tokusatsu Henshin Hero (PS2, D3): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Dead Man's Hand (Xbox World Collection) (Xbox, Atari): 7 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (27/40)

But will it get roundly ignored like every other Western release this year?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wow, they really liked Prince of Persia. Makes sense though, some say it has that Ico feel at times.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
The characters of Prince of Persia have been redesigned with a more anime look if i remember correctly ?
Edit : Yup
chara_prince.jpg
chara_fara.jpg

u_neek

Blimblim said:
The characters of Prince of Persia have been redesigned with a more anime look if i remember correctly ?
Edit : Yup
chara_prince.jpg
chara_fara.jpg

And they look so much cooler art-wise

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wow, the new character designs and especially the box art look great.... especially compared to the way POP2 looks :p Glad to see POP do so well, even for someone who plays mostly Japanese-developed games, it was still excellent, and more deserving of high scores than say, GTA or Halo...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Blimblim said:
I'd really like to see some videos of the game with the redesigned characters.

It could just be the artwork that got redone, and eveyrthing in-game looks the same. Anyone know for sure?

NotMSRP

Probably just like how some stuff are/were done for us: redone box/manual artwork to a more ugly American artwork while the in-game art is still animeish.

Troidal

I was told they didn't change the character design in the game.
It's too bad, but perhaps asking a bit too much for a localization job.

Shompola said:
It's much better than ICO trust me.

No it isn't! POP game is long and very repetitive. It was inspired by Ico but yes the combat system in POP was great.

Two very different games but Ico is better

And BTW GOTY 2003 was Beyond Good & Evil ;)

Rhindle

I don't see how the revised art is either (1) better or (2) "more anime" than the original character designs. It just looks more like the "badass dark Prince" look from the new PoP.

I thought one of the more endearing aspects of the game was that the Prince and Farrah had a bit of wide-eyed innocence that came through in both the character art and expressions and in the dialogue.

Top Bottom