• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese sales of The Wonderful 101 are not wonderful...at all...

Frodo

Ahh, deathball was the best. I was disappointed to not see Vanquish there (forgot his name). Bayonetta was there so why not him?!

Do you think Kamiya has regret that he took Nintendo's cash to develop exclusives on a dead platform? I still might pick up a copy day one for the sake of supporting our lord and saviour kamiya. Then I'll play it in 2014 when the wii u drops.

I wouldn't say he regrets it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664593

The game is amazing. If you enjoy this kind of game you will probably enjoy it a lot. Combat becomes awesome after you get the hang of it.

Mega Bombaman. I thought Japan liked Sentai stuff...

At least it's in good company with the 'good game no one played' with Dead Space: Extraction sales... >_>

Ahh, deathball was the best. I was disappointed to not see Vanquish there (forgot his name). Bayonetta was there so why not him?!

Do you think Kamiya has regret that he took Nintendo's cash to develop exclusives on a dead platform? I still might pick up a copy day one for the sake of supporting our lord and saviour kamiya. Then I'll play it in 2014 when the wii u drops.

I don't think you understand the Platinum Curse.
Even on "alive" systems like PS2, PS3 and Xbox the games don't sell. You can bring forth the point of how the Wii U is dead but that wouldn't change the fact(judging from previous statistics) that if Wonderful 101 was on Xbox 360 and PS3, it still wouldn't sell. None of their games do. It's just that Kamiya chose to release a game on a console with the smallest fanbase.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Just gonna pop in this thread because of this quote :p

Viewtiful Joe didn't look like a generic Dreamworks movie, either. The art style for this game is butts. I'm not embarrassed to be playing it because of how it looks, I'm less interested because of how it looks. Remember that XBLA Vandal Hearts sequel? It looks like that, but worse.

One of the reasons I didn't play much of Bayonetta is because her design is awful.

You do know that DW has never gotten? Hell, even their terrible movies have distinct looks.

Hell with the nature of good DW movies being genre love letters, if anything, a W101 movie would end up being a DW flick.

Platinum games never sell well because they're too good. If they sucked, they'd probably sell a ton. But I think PG cares more about making a good game than sales.

Top Bottom