• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Yum Yum Sauce... The condiment... Not a euphemism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently went to the local grocery establishment and found this.

ObjRP4Y.jpg

"Neat," I exclaimed to the elderly woman who happened to be passing by. I had encountered this sauce at pretty much every hibachi restaurant I've ever been to, and I really liked the taste. But when I ask the waiter if I can purchase a gallon of it, they always say no, and this inevitably leads to punches and me being banned from the aforementioned establishment. So, it's been a while since I've been able to try the stuff, and having a large amount of it to myself to put on whatever food I want is a pretty awesome power trip. My girlfriend's already not speaking to me because I've said some amazingly egotistical stuff and made some empty threats while high on Yum Yum sauce. It's been a great couple of days.

Anyway. I've established that this sauce is great on rice, fries, and most meats. I demand more recommendations before I become belligerent.

A local Japanese restaurant serves this with everything. It's surprisingly good on grilled chicken or steak.

Edit: "Japanese" restaurant

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I guess it's "Japanese", in a manner of speaking.

You should try my yum yum sauce, Mandrake. It's authentically Japanese, I can tell you that.

Derwind

Oh! I want some ketchup. Let me go outside and pick some tomatoes from the garden and smash them into a paste! THERE! So much more rewarding than just buying ketchup. Now for some mustard. Let's just grind up these mustard seeds and OH NO, MUSTARD GAS! And everyone's dead. You would like that, wouldn't you, you sicko?

I added a sarcastic "ahhhhh" after MUSTARD GAS! whilst reading this...

I hope thats alright with you.

andycapps

You can make it. My wife made it a couple years ago. Mayo was the main ingredient. I think some paprika and other similar spices.

Bravocado

I have never seen this sauce anywhere, and I've never been to a hibachi restaurant. My curiosity is piqued, but I doubt there's any in my area.

EDIT:
it's common and carried at walmarts and grocery stores.

it's pretty great.

Hmmm, maybe I'm not outta luck after all.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Oh! I want some ketchup. Let me go outside and pick some tomatoes from the garden and smash them into a paste! THERE! So much more rewarding than just buying ketchup. Now for some mustard. Let's just grind up these mustard seeds and OH NO, MUSTARD GAS! And everyone's dead. You would like that, wouldn't you, you sicko?

I always forget that the best ingredient of any tasty food is laziness. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom