• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Java update, not sure if legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOT legit. This was happening to me on Chrome 2 weeks ago. That same advertisement. Didn't go away until I disabled live player which was a real bitch to do too. Thanks to that gaffer that helped me

That's totally legit joelseph. I think you might have scored and found one of the links that comes with some really rad bonus software and a free OS changer. Nice

Joke post? Joke post

Demigod Mac

Uninstall Java if you don't need it.

Otherwise, disable the Java plugin in your web browser.

Turn it on only when you are on a site that needs it (or use an alternative browser that has it enabled always)

Only ever get it from here: www.java.com

Seriously what's people's beef with java? I'm cs and we've just started working with Java so I am curious as to where the malice comes from.

Everdred

Seriously what's people's beef with java? I'm cs and we've just started working with Java so I am curious as to where the malice comes from.
For me, it's never seemed stable, it locks up browsers, has security holes, constantly asking for updates on desktop. I hate it, I now refuse to install it unless I get the hankering for MineCraft, which I then delete immediately after.

diamount

Banned
This looks really unprofessional.
Close it, and scan your computer for viruses and malware right away.

I snickered much more than I should have.

It's not from my computer. It's because an ad is attempting to redirect me to their shady site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom