• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

CRS

What the fuck. I go to the site, add it to my cart, register, and find out it's sold out?!

There's no way they sold out meanwhile I was registering. FUCK.

IrishNinja

3sa1v.gif

Fjordson

Love this sort of stuff so much. Though here's something shameful:

Never listened to Nujabes until earlier this week. Oh god. So many great beats.

Ourobolus

Banned
Damn how'd I miss this thread? So much to go through! I too started with this stuff with Nujabes during Samurai Champloo and then the rest of his albums. Never really branched out though, so this thread is a godsend. The Emancipator stuff so far has been great, can't wait to check out everything else. Thanks, guys.

IrishNinja

Blu's a good call. really, CL was such an obvious call given how much Pete Rock's shit influenced their sound.

i think Shad would sound great too. the oddest artists can work, i think - that mashup of Mobb Deep & Emancipator in the OP still blows my mind.

mileS

MY GOD
Spiritual State is just.. wow! I had hyped this up for myself and it completely lives up to it. Simply amazing.

They only released one album, but it's probably one of my favorite albums ever. The first 1:00 of "De Muse" is fucking gorgeous.

IrishNinja

Spiral, City Lights...Spiritual State is shaping up to be my AOTY and im only halfway through it.

*upon re-listen, City Lights is the Thieves in the Night sequel i couldn't get from Black Star.

IrishNinja

yeah, those 2 tracks alone pushed this one to my favorite album in i don't know how fucking long.

agreed that it's bittersweet as hell..."sad to see you go, but damn sure glad you came."

Sup guys. I grabbed my order from the post office today if anybody is interested in what the special edition is like.

001.JPG

003.JPG

I just finished listening to the whole thing and my standout tracks are Dawn on the Side, Far Fowls, Waiting For The Clouds, and Prayer.

iavi

You don't know how jealous I am right now. That's an awesome collection you have going there, Wormdundee, extra points for the Falliccia vinyl.

Is that the Hydeout edition of 'Soon it will be cold enough'?

IrishNinja

that is lovely indeed - my copy of Reach just showed up today too!
those other albums are yours, yeah? hate to think i missed out on all that in one go, heh. and yeah, is there a difference between the Emancipator and Hydeout versions?

iavi

There's no difference that I know of aside from the packaging to match the rest of Hydeout's releases, Irish.

You don't know how jealous I am right now. That's an awesome collection you have going there, Wormdundee, extra points for the Falliccia vinyl.

Is that the Hydeout edition of 'Soon it will be cold enough'?

Yep, it's the Hydeout release of it. Needed it to complete my collection.

There's no difference that I know of aside from the packaging to match the rest of Hydeout's releases, Irish.

that is lovely indeed - my copy of Reach just showed up today too!
those other albums are yours, yeah? hate to think i missed out on all that in one go, heh. and yeah, is there a difference between the Emancipator and Hydeout versions?

Nice, I hope you're enjoying the Reach book. In regards to the different versions of Soon It Will Be Cold Enough, the Emancipator self-release has 2 additional tracks "Maps" and "Father King" in a different track order and as Miri said it was released in a slimline packaging instead of the Hydeout style digipak.
Source: http://www.discogs.com/Emancipator-Soon-It-Will-Be-Cold-Enough/release/1368240
http://www.discogs.com/Emancipator-Soon-It-Will-Be-Cold-Enough/release/1613410

And yeah, the other albums arrived in the same order. Including this new stuff I have 49 releases from Hydeout. Almost there.

IrishNinja

yeah, either Tokubetsu or HighResDes put me onto Toro Y Moi a while back, fun stuff.

it's weird, i'm not as into Far Fowls off Spiritual State as you guys, had spiral and city lights on loop still though.

Metroid

yeah, either Tokubetsu or HighResDes put me onto Toro Y Moi a while back, fun stuff.

it's weird, i'm not as into Far Fowls off Spiritual State as you guys, had spiral and city lights on loop still though.

I like Far Fowls albeit I find it almost too indian-ish.

IrishNinja

Daft Punk + Jazz + Hip Hop:

Balance and the Traveling Sounds - Something About Us

Just came across this recently and haven't stopped playing it since. I really like the MCs verse in the beginning, never thought I'd hear that in a Daft Punk cover; the whole thing is just ridiculously smooth. You can download this track and their whole EP for free on the Balance and the Traveling Sounds bandcamp page.

that was indeed smooth - gonna go grab this now, thanks man!
*edit haha it's name your price, not technically free but...man, the guilt always gets me here. gonna leave a couple bucks.

kid ness

that was indeed smooth - gonna go grab this now, thanks man!
*edit haha it's name your price, not technically free but...man, the guilt always gets me here. gonna leave a couple bucks.
Glad you liked it man! Haha my bad I didn't catch that it was name your price.. unfortunately I guess I automatically see name your price and think free lol.

iavi

Daft Punk + Jazz + Hip Hop:

Balance and the Traveling Sounds - Something About Us

Just came across this recently and haven't stopped playing it since. I really like the MCs verse in the beginning, never thought I'd hear that in a Daft Punk cover; the whole thing is just ridiculously smooth. You can download this track and their whole EP for free on the Balance and the Traveling Sounds bandcamp page.

This is an incredible cover of my favorite Daft Punk song... Holy shit I am in love.

Metroid

Top Bottom