• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green plays Dark Souls III...STAMINA GREEN

repeater

Jeff's streams got weird(er):

Tl08dn5.gif

sublimit

Banned
I love Jeff but i'm so tempted to quit watching his DS3 stream right now.After so many problems that he had with the shitty PC version and especially after loosing his save file it would have been the perfect opportunity to switch to the PS4 version.But instead he started again with the fucking PC version...

If the stream continues to have the horrible framedrops then i will just quit watching him.And it will be such a shame because like i said i really enjoy watching him and i've been following him since his DS1 days.

UrbanRats

I love Jeff but i'm so tempted to quit watching his DS3 stream right now.After so many problems that he had with the shitty PC version and especially after loosing his save file it would have been the perfect opportunity to switch to the PS4 version.But instead he started again with the fucking PC version...

If the stream continues to have the horrible framedrops then i will just quit watching him.And it will be such a shame because like i said i really enjoy watching him and i've been following him since his DS1 days.

After the format the game ran perfectly fine.

Why would he switch to a 30fps version that looks worse, and with a worse audio/stream quality?

Zafir

I don't think that's on his end though? I never had any issues watching his stream since the format.

rando14

Jeff reformatting fixed virtually every technical problem he was having with the game, it ran really well the last stream

sublimit

Banned
After the format the game ran perfectly fine.

Why would he switch to a 30fps version that looks worse, and with a worse audio/stream quality?

I don't think that's on his end though? I never had any issues watching his stream since the format.

He has only made one stream after he started with a new character so lets just wait and see.Other streamers have also said that the PC version had problems regardless of an individual's PC.Germanspy (well known Souls community streamer) was going to stream for PC but switched to PS4 because the PC version had problems.And he confirmed that other PC streamers had problems as well.I don't know maybe they patched those now but personally i wouldn't risk it again if i was in Jeff's place.

UrbanRats

He has only made one stream after he started with a new character so lets just wait and see.Other streamers have also said that the PC version had problems regardless of an individual's PC.Germanspy (well known Souls community streamer) was going to stream for PC but switched to PS4 because the PC version had problems.And he confirmed that other PC streamers had problems as well.I don't know maybe they patched those now but personally i wouldn't risk it again if i was in Jeff's place.

The last patch introduced some stutters for some people (i experienced this, actually) other than that, it's really a case by case basis.

Personally i don't like the stream quality when he's on PS4, and i wouldn't like to play the game at 30fps,either.

Mindlog

Hope Jeff manages to catch the first part of Kay Plays 5. That's what most of us went through to kill that guy! I fought him with a slow as hell STR weapon.

sublimit

Banned
The last patch introduced some stutters for some people (i experienced this, actually) other than that, it's really a case by case basis.

Personally i don't like the stream quality when he's on PS4, and i wouldn't like to play the game at 30fps,either.

Well his last few streams (before the format) were basicaly a horrible slideshow (and at the lowest settings at that).At least with the PS4 it would have been a solid 30fps.

But anyway if the next streams will be stable then all will be fine.

JMY86

Well his last few streams (before the format) were basicaly a horrible slideshow (and at the lowest settings at that).At least with the PS4 it would have been a solid 30fps.

But anyway if the next streams will be stable then all will be fine.

The PS4 version is certainly not a solid 30 fps. There are many instances where it drops well below 30 fps. It is not a deal breaker by any means but performance seems to be spotty on both consoles.

I've noticed that Jeff hasn't streamed in awhile. Any reason why? I haven't seen his latest stream, so if he explained why in that one I'm sorry!

Noaloha

He was saying recently that he had a rare lull in in workload I think, implying that it was soon going to peak again. Plus he was busy being a proud old bugger in NY for a few days. And, could be wrong about this, but I wouldn't be surprised if E3 involves a degree of business-spiking at Hit Detection.

Which is all to say, if he ain't streaming or half-hinting at when streaming might occur, his reasons are surely valid.

Giever

Which is all to say, if he ain't streaming or half-hinting at when streaming might occur, his reasons are surely valid.

And to be fair there aren't really any invalid reasons for him to not stream. He just streams if he wants, and we watch if we want! Not like there's any need for excuses.

Noaloha

And to be fair there aren't really any invalid reasons for him to not stream. He just streams if he wants, and we watch if we want! Not like there's any need for excuses.

Yes. 100% yes. I think I worded that poorly.

Dunno, I understand that the thread wants content. And occasional "Jeffe where aaaarrreee youuuu" comments are natural. I think i just felt a little irky over like half a dozen such comments in a row and entered a headspace where Jeff might feel like he had to make a 'pity stream' or some mollycoddling comment to explain himself. Or something. You know? I don't know. Like, he was a dufus enough to establish a capital lettter-S Schedule. Jeff you goofed there. But aside from that, I consider Jeff content a wonderful pigeon dump on my doorstep. Nothing to expect, just something that I expect to occasionally find.

JustinBB7

He could at least post on twitter what's going on. Yea he doesn't have too. But it would be nice to know what's going on at least. He posted he would stream tomorrow a week ago. And then never mentioned it again.

Flipyap

What if Jeff is being held prisoner somewhere, against his will?
I've heard he was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. He promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Berkeley underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as game consultant.
If you need to git gud, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe he'll teach you a thing or two on stream. Tomorrow.

Top Bottom