• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Renner in “Critical But Stable Condition” After Snow Plow Accident

bitbydeath

Gold Member

Tams

Damn, wtf happened? He fell while plowing snow manually? Or?

Seems like it might have been a heavy machinery incident.

I hope he recovers.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Snow plow accident doesn't sound good.
I hope no machinery was involved and he recovers fully and quickly.

That sounds fishy as hell. An unfortunate snow plow accident?
duuJFhn.gif

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Folks making jokes about this? From what I read, he lost a significant amount of blood and could have lost his leg... It also injured his body elsewhere.

He's in the ICU... None of this is funny!

I hope he has a full and speedy recovery!

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I'm confused. How do you run over your own leg with one of those? He had to be completely out of one, right?

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
On my local Montreal news they interviewed a producer who knows him and he said with caution that Renner's chances are 50/50.
But he could also be full of shit so who knows.

badblue

Gold Member
How do you run over your own leg with one of those?

iu

That's a question I have as well considering this is similar to the plow he was using. First place my mind goes is he did something dumb because you'd have to in order to get run over by the vehicle you are driving.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The article I posted above (assuming it's true) said the plows safety feature failed. So what ever he was doing outside of it, the thing kept going and ran over his leg. Are plows like cars and they have parking break kind of mechanisms?

TransTrender

Gold Member
I'd imagine a snow plow is just a bigger and more dangerous snowmobile. Really easy to fuck yourself in one of those, and you have one of those for a reason, which is because you're remote in terrible terrain.

[Sigma]

Hope he makes a full recovery. It hasn't been 3 days yet in 2023 and I already feel like I should laying off as much as possible this year. I dunno im getting that 2020 feeling.

Seems like the biggest threat to his life was during his bleed out and initial blood loss. Now that hes stable he should live.

His leg on the other hand…i imagine its mangled

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I hope he recovers.

Running yourself over with your own heavy equipment is one way to snap yourself out of existence.

Tams

I'm confused. How do you run over your own leg with one of those? He had to be completely out of one, right?

Very easily.

Perhaps he tried to save time and didn't shut it down completely before getting out for something and it moved. Perhaps he got downhill of it and it slipped (tracks don't mean such vehicles don't move).

You can see the tracks are exposed and that you need to go over them to enter and exit the cab (I hope it wasn't him spending extensive times on the tracks as that would have been very stupid). I reckon it was something to do with that.

Considering the injury, I very much doubt it was anything in the cab or that anything like it tipping over happened.

Last edited:

Tams

Blunt chest trauma? Seems like the plow hit him?
Doesn't sound good at all :(

Hmmm, yeah, what also could have happened is that someone else was driving and he was standing to the side. Hard to get out of the way of those and watching the Instagam videos, the way he was driving it I was a bit concerned for the people filming it. If someone with even less experience were driving it...

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
By all accounts, he's a really good guy... Almost like his Clint Barton character. I feel really sorry for him that this happened.

Renner, you've got megabucks, why in the hell are you plowing your own snow.

My nephew ran into him in France of all places, said he was a super nice dude. Get well soon buddy!

Top Bottom