• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jerry Sandusky's son arrested on child sex abuse charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

I thought pedophillia was a born trait not a learned one.
It is. Unfortunately, it's not the only thing that leads people to abuse children. Some victims end up getting severely damaged, have the behaviors normalized for them, and perpetuate the cycle. (This is not the norm, it must be said.)

I was going to say something like "Enjoy rotting in jail with your dad, pervert", but since many of you guys brought up the high possibility of him being sexually abused by his dad at a young age, maybe sharing a jail cell with him wouldn't be the best thing for him.

Kreed

Is this his adopted son that was in the documentary as abused?

Horribly sad either way. Disgusting act committed by someone who likely had the same thing done to them.

Sexual abuse of children is such a fucking horrific cycle.

NBC News: Jeffrey Sandusky, adopted son of Jerry Sandusky, has been arrested and charged with 10 counts related to child sex abuse.

smh

Disorders like this are not a one size fits all scenario. Most mental disorders are not. Pedophillia is a sorely under researched topic because of the stigma and taboo surrounded by it. The majority of people would rather just see the people locked up for life rather than any sort of research or rehabilitation done. It ends up just creating more victims like this because "out of sight out of mind"

Episode 522 of This American Life that talks about this. It's one heck of a listen.

I'm re-listening to this now and the reporter doing the story got interested in the topic because of the trial of Jerry Sandusky.

ec0a49adde8cd56df5bb32173d495350.jpg

Beefy

Having been abused by grandad when I was lil. I am so fucking glad my mind didn't get so fucked up by it I thought abusing others was ok. I feel sorry if this guy was abused, but then him carrying out abuse himself is disgusting.

Jeffrey Sandusky was dating the child's mother at the time and lived in the household for about five years.

Had been living in the house for 5 years, and this is just from November 2016?
Chances this was the first inappropriate interaction...

studyguy

Echoing the same thought I had when this popped up. One has to imagine Sandusky probably messed his own kid up maybe...

Syrus

Banned
Having been abused by grandad when I was lil. I am so fucking glad my mind didn't get so fucked up by it I thought abusing others was ok. I feel sorry if this guy was abused, but then him carrying out abuse himself is disgusting.

Im sorry for what happend to you. Im glad you were able to work through it

Sanjuro

Look...he was an old son he didn't know what rape was anymore.

Something something good clean football something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom