• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez - Microsoft is laying off the entire internal customer support team(s) for ABK games

Pelta88

Live view of COD hackers right now prepping for Nov 2024

giphy.gif

AJUMP23

Gold Member
It will still be better support than some other gaming companies.

If I don't name the companies I cannot be accused of console waring.

It's pure redundancy. They're now under Msoft/ Xbox, they probably don't need their own internal (expensive) customer support team, since they're no longer an independent company. I'm sure the plan is to fold non-core functions like customer service into whatever teams/ partners Msoft & Xbox already use. It's the same reason I couldn't really figure out why Pete Hines took so long to leave Bethesda after the acquisition. His and a lot of other senior management positions become completely redundant when you're no longer an independent company that has to do everything on your own. Msoft/ Xbox already had plenty of Pete Hines'.

Corporate America is brutal & cutthroat, and it's all about saving as much money as humanly possible to increase shareholder value.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

Not for nothing, but ABK customer support was complete trash. Someone hacked my account, from Russia no less, it clearly shows that the game was played from a different country and cheats used by this person, my google account was hacked which is how it started, I brought all the receipts, but they couldn't do anything to restore my account. If there's one team I had to choose to get rid of first, it's their shitty customer service.

MarkMe2525

I can only speak for myself, but I have had to contact MS a few times these past few months dealing with game license issues on my 360 and my experiences have been refreshingly awesome. I feel for people losing their jobs, but as a customer it is preferable to only have to deal with one customer support team. I would have been irked if I had called MS and was directed to reach out to Activision's team instead. Especially with me knowing that they were owned by thr same corporate overlords.

BosmerCulter

Neo Member
How the fuck Activision consumer support was good ?

And I'm not the biggest of MS fan but they seem to do a good job on this side.

Top Bottom