• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jezebel: Adults Should Not Be Drinking Milk

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
Jezebel said:
Point: No other species can digest milk after babyhood.

You're not supposed to be doing this. Drinking milk as an adult is fucking weird and makes you feel like shit. Sixty percent of adults cannot properly digest milk. We are the freaky kid from your high school who kept wearing that long black trench coat even after Columbine of the Animal Kingdom.

Point: It's gross.

Sure, we all used to poop our pants. Some of us hated taking baths. And there was probably a period of time where you thought alcohol was gross. But you grew up. You became a real person and it was time to let some things go. Let that glass of thick, cloudy water go. If you need something to wash down a sugary brownie or slice of cake, have a cup of black coffee like a grown ass person.

Counterpoint: None

http://jezebel.com/adults-should-not-be-drinking-milk-1685033047

milk.gif

Wut

Edit:

Also this is a thing that exists on their website:

Vagina yogurt is cool but Milk is bad? Ok.

Kf0AA76.png

http://jezebel.com/a-brief-chat-with-a-woman-who-made-yogurt-from-her-vagi-1685034979'

Fuck that. Milk is in cheese, and I'm not giving up cheese.

Also it's hilarious that the writer things that we should give up milk because it doesn't sit well with us, and then says that people grow up when they figure out that alcohol isn't gross. As if alcohol isn't poison you put in your body.

Tagyhag

Well I'm in the lucky 40% then. Milk is delicious and I'll never stop drinking it.

Edit: Black coffee with brownies? Ew!

Sure, we all used to poop our pants. Some of us hated taking baths. And there was probably a period of time where you thought alcohol was gross. But you grew up.

So wait. Am I a weirdo for not enjoying alcohol?

Shit, I need to re-evaluate my life. After I stop drinking milk that is.

rezuth

Isn't it just the sugar in milk that they can't digest? I'm pretty sure that if you remove that its fine. Also interesting how lactose intolerance is related to certain parts of the world.

MLH

It's true for me that I can no longer handle (cows) milk - it just makes me sick. I've never bothered to try any other milks.

Madness

Thank you blog aimed at women's interests, under the tagline "Celebrity, Sex, Fashion for Women. Without Airbrushing", I'll be sure to listen to your advice on my nutritional and health needs.

I'm part of the 40% at this point that can handle it well I guess? So I'll keep on my smoothies and other dairy products. Although I rarely drink plain milk.

Ape

Banned
Damn, if no other species does it then I guess Humans should stop doing a bunch of shit.

Great article all around.

I haven't had a glass of milk in a very very long time.

Though I do love me some ice cream/gelato and of course ya need some cheese for pizza and burgers.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Damn, if no other species does it then I guess Humans should stop doing a bunch of shit.

Yeah, you're right. Fire and medicine have to go. And fuck that whole clean water business.

braves01

Banned
Good article. Whenever I see a grown man drink milk, I just get so upset about how the patriarchy appropriates milk, one of the defining aspects of femininity and motherhood, from those female cows and their calves, all for its own selfish desires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom