• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jin responds to Hot 97's "Tsunami song"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisReid

Belfast said:
Erm...Jin.

A.. hahaha. Hehe.. between "Jin" in the thread title, Jin in the description, and "Jin's Response" in the file name, something about that is funny. So.. is it eminem?

acklame

ChrisReid said:
A.. hahaha. Hehe.. between "Jin" in the thread title, Jin in the description, and "Jin's Response" in the file name, something about that is funny. So.. is it eminem?
it's umm....jin...

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
It would have been nice if he would've gotten Ms Info to rap on the track as well. That've been tight.

miyuru

"That little bullshit statement / has gotta be / the world's most / half-assed apology
Thousands are still getting discovered, each day / how dare you compare a life to a week's pay"

Thank God for Jin, I hope more rappers take it to these fuckers.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
miyuru said:
Yeah, I'm sure he's not pissed at Hot 97 one bit. STFU.

-_-

edit: Let me breakdown what I'm sayin. Jin is asian and what he did should be applauded for standing up and doin this, BUT doing a "dis" is overdoing it. Jin's album sales and street buzz fell off. He could've put out a statement or got on the rival station sayin screw Hot 97.

MIMIC

Banned
jobber said:
-_-

edit: Let me breakdown what I'm sayin. Jin is asian and what he did should be applauded for standing up and doin this, BUT doing a "dis" is overdoing it. Jin's album sales and street buzz fell off. He could've put out a statement or got on the rival station sayin screw Hot 97.

A "diss" was just what the doctor ordered since they basically spat on the Asian community with that tasteless song.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
*avoids angry hip-hop/race thread*
Why can't we all just geddalong?
:)

jobber said:
-_-

He is a rapper let him rap. Personally whenever I was next on a mixtape or freestlye I would of said something not going out of my way like he did. Anyway form what I hear the morning crew is suspended.

miyuru

If Jin wasn't a rapper, I'm still sure he would've done something.

But since he IS a rapper, and he has been signed, etc., his voice is better heard than most others. Especially when he's dissing an urban radio station.

Sure, there's always publicity involved with celebs, I totally agree with you, but IMO it seems you're trolling (directed at jobber). This thread is about Hot 97 mocking Tsunami victims and Jin dissing them, no point in bringing up what you did.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Just an update on the entire situation, and since this thread is out and about it seems silly to bump the original:

http://www.nydailynews.com/01-26-2005/front/story/274920p-235203c.html

The host of a New York morning radio show and the rest of her on-air crew were suspended indefinitely Wednesday for airing a tasteless song parody that mocked victims of the catastrophic south Asia tsunami.

"What happened is morally and socially indefensible," said Rick Cummings, president of Emmis Radio, in announcing the disciplinary action. "All involved, myself included, are ashamed and deeply sorry. I know the members of the morning team are contrite. They know their actions here are inexcusable."

I, for one, am glad. The FCC didn't get involved, and I honestly, truly think that anyone with such contempt for human life that they think it's cool to make light of something that snuffed out about 200,000 people doesn't deserve a job cleaning bowling shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom