• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Carpenter Wants to Score a Video Game and That Needs to Happen Immediately.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://bloody-disgusting.com/video...ts-score-video-game-needs-happen-immediately/

In a lengthy chat with Consequence of Sound, who named him Composer of the Year, Carpenter just expressed his desire to do precisely that in the near future!

“I think there’s a part of me that’s dying to do a game score,” Carpenter told the site.​
He continued, I’m just dying to do it, but I don’t think anybody will hire me. No one thinks about me to do music for games. That’d be great!

Last edited:
Why just the soundtrack? He could handle the whole script for a game as far as I'm concerned.

Would be pretty cool to see him collab with someone and try his hand at the videogame market.

ruvikx

Banned
I always wanted an Escape from New York video game, with an open world & Kurt Russell as the voice actor for Snake. It would be an RPG with levels, upgrades for skill, weapons & vehicles. There would be warring factions & the main villain The Duke.

… and it already has a killer soundtrack:

Virex

Banned
“Why John Carpenter Must Do The Soundtrack to A Game? Here 5 reasons you Need to know”

These threads sound like buzz feed headlines

Edit : spelling mistake (English is my 3rd language)

Last edited:

brap

Banned
“Why John Carpenter Must Do The Soubdtrack to A Game? Here 5 reasons you Need to know”

These threads sound like buzz feed headlines
Well, I mean the title is from bloody disgusting which is ran by the same type of people.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why just the soundtrack? He could handle the whole script for a game as far as I'm concerned.

Would be pretty cool to see him collab with someone and try his hand at the videogame market.

We got our best Medal of Honor ever made with Allied Assault when Spielberg helped write the story and gave feedback on the realism and set pieces for the game. So I am down!

Top Bottom