• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Riccitiello steps down as CEO of Electronic Arts. [Resignation/Farewell Letters]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ZzrB4rM.jpg

H3xum

For everyone wondering why he stepped down. Idk about the

@JustinMcElroy: Riccitiello: "I am stepping down because I single-handedly insisted that SimCity be always online. I'm so, so sorry"

This supposedly

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Let me be CEO of EA I'll turn every studio into a Mass Effect studio then we'll see who is the best publisher in the industry you'll all see YOU'LL ALL SEE

angelfly

It was bound to happen with constant fuck up after another. It'll be interesting to see how things go once they have a replacement.

InPlosion

To be honest, it is not like EA was THAT better before this guy came around.
It got worse incrementally, that's for sure, but in 2007 their "good devs murdered in cold blood" was already fairly long.

Mordeccai

When people are saying SWTOR is the culprit, are they referring to the fact that it went F2P to make money? Or is swtor just the least successful mmo on the market now or something. I'm currently playing it and having a lot of fun and was under the impression that going F2P actually made it money.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I see Peter Moore being worse. It feels like he's been more vocal about exploiting every monetization opportunity.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh shit...

The new CEO could look at the costs of making Origin and say "why are we doing this again when we could just use steam and sell more copies?".

I wanna believe.

I would totally take the fall on my Origin account and purchase history if it would mean 100% move to Steam. I don't even need the games, I'd buy them again on the Winter Sale.

Fuck it, take the service offline for all I care.

Derrick01

Banned
More competition in the DD market is always good.

Really? What has Origin's presence done for gamers? All it has done is pull EA games off of Steam as Steam continues to do what it was doing before Origin and Uplay and anything else existed. Which is constantly add progressive features that generally improve the quality of the service and people's happiness with it.

What did Origin do? Add the ability to not play SimCity with their servers? Hold some games' collector's editions on Origin only for $80+?

Hmmm.... on one hand, this could be good? On the other, is Peter Moore or Frank Gibeau a better CEO?

Its a bit of the devil you know versus the devil you don't know...

Cartman86

Banned
He brought EA out of their last Great Gamer Hatred era with Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Bioware etc. then left it where it was when he started.

Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Brutal Legend, BioWare purchase. All investments that EA needed a return on.

They probably got a return on that BioWare investment if I had to guess. Dead Space too probably. Anyway, you think investors give a shit about those when there's a giant, George Lucas-shaped elephant in the room bleeding all over the floor?

Kimawolf

I doubt EA changes for the better but they're so bad they can't get any worse, right?

You know whenever someone says that it ALWAYS ends up worse. But this is just the beginning flare up of EA's woes. I imagine their next CEO will be completely mobile/browser focused with the exception of their 3 or so annual games.

Mark my words EA will probably end up on the trash heap come next generation along with THQ.

Top Bottom