• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick trilogy vs. Bourne trilogy

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
even though JW has a part 4 coming out and Bourne has that crappy "Jason Bourne" movie, and the Renner spin off

what movies do you think are better if we judge the first 3 against each other

Bourne Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum vs. John Wick p. 1 p.2 p.3

Last edited:
The Naked Gun Trilogy

Nakedguntrilogy.jpg

teezzy

Banned
I LOVE the Bourne movies. John Wick was fairly forgettable, and I really don't understand the hype overall. I never bothered with 2 or 3, although my buddies won't ever stfu about them. Their taste in everything is shit tier.

Dark Star

John Wick is badass. Plain and simple. They films are a good time even if you're not paying attention to the plot. I personally enjoyed these a lot, even though they're not really a "trilogy" of films. Keanu Reeves has my vote.

Jason Bourne is classic action/thriller with a lot more nuance. They films are based on Robert Ludlum's books, so yeah, you need to be invested in the characters/plot to appreciate it. They work great as a trilogy, and Matt Damon has made the role extremely iconic.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I enjoyed all movies from the original Bourne trilogy pretty equally. With John Wick my hype is going down with every new movie. I loved the first John Wick movie, liked the second, the third was meh.

Yoda

John Wick's action is more intense, but the Bourne movies take themselves seriously from a plot PoV. I enjoy them for different reasons due to that, so hard to rank one over the other for me.

DKehoe

Wick. There’s more personality to them and they’re more fun. I respect the Bourne films as being well made. But they all run into each other for me.

Arimer

Wick is a better action movie, Bourne is better Storyline. Both got weaker the longer they went.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
They are two different kind of movie types.

John Wick is entertaitment where movie doesn't treat itself seriously. It knows it is fun and audience knows it. All of its faults are just setup for Wick to kill people.

Bourne tries to be serious but by the end of third movie it feels like comedy. Bourne would be much better if it wasn't trilogy.

Which is why i think Wick is better.

Kadayi

Banned
I think the ideas of both original films are intriguing, however when it has come to the extending out their world-building they've both basically run into huge problems. Enjoyable watches nevertheless. I'd probably say this fight: -

Still stands out for me as a great one, because it feels very much to the wire, whereas with Wick, everything is a bit too camp (especially in the 3rd one)

Last edited:

Super Mario

Banned
Maybe it's just because Wick is fresher in my mind, but from what I remember, I enjoyed it way more. It was just a lot more fun. Bourne has the better story. I guess I am just an educated moron who likes brainless action. Wick is also a more likeable character IMO.

Top Bottom