• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick vs...

A friend of mine recently started The Punisher. He seems to believe Castle can take Wick. I find this claim laughable.
tenor.gif

However it seems John Wick is top dog on the power list of fictional non super powered characters.

Who can beat John Wick? He is deadly in all combat ranges. Deadly with long rifles, assault rifles, shotguns, handguns, and writing utensils. He killed 3 men in a bar... with a fookin’ pencil. And we have yet to see full on Baba Yaga in film.
BitesizedJointGlassfrog-size_restricted.gif

So tell me what fictional non superhuman character can steal John Wicks car and kill his dog and live to tell the tale.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
I don't have any answers, but I'm intrigued by the question, and now I have to watch my John Wick 1 & 2 Blu-ray ......

pramod

Banned
You can't beat John Wick in a direct shooting match or fist fight, so you need to trick him.

My vote would be Ethan Hunt. He can disguise himself as someone Wick trusts to get close enough to kill him.

Giphy.gif

Last edited:
You can't beat John Wick in a direct shooting match or fist fight, so you need to trick him.

My vote would be Ethan Hunt. He can disguise himself as someone Wick trusts to get close enough to kill him.

Giphy.gif
Disguises didn’t work for violin assassin.

John Wick vs prep time Batman?

But if we are going to put him against The Punisher then that leaves the door open for all marvel.... Logan, Siclop, Shtorm, Zverb etc

Last edited:

Razorback

I was going to bring up basic rules of storytelling and pick a weak but lovable character. Underdogs always win.

But the character has to kill his dog? In that case, I can't think of anything.

Could Wick take Hawkeye and Black Widow in one on ones?

Hawkeye for sure, Widow im not sure, thats a maybe.
Id say most definitely. In fact, I’d say Wick takes Captain America easily in 3 of 4 ranges.

Those ranges are...
1. Long range
2. Mid range
3. Close (ish) range
4. Pencil range

Captain America may beat Wick in pencil range. However Wick definitely wins gun fight.

Hawkeye and Widow lose in 4 out of 4

EBE

Wick is too clinical. The movies absolutely bored me. It was like watching a 360 noscope headshot montage for 2 hours. It's gonna lose the appeal.

So I don't know, man. Everyone else at least has weaknesses.

DiscoJer

John Wick basically has realistic gunplay. He does what a highly trained professional shooter can do. It's clinical, but that's the point.

You can't compare him to cartoons or comic book characters because he's more or less absolutely realistic and they, by definition, are not.

Kadayi

Banned
I guess you've gotta throw Bond into the mix. He's a decent all-rounder in a tussle, and a good shot if he lays off the shandies.

John Wick basically has realistic gunplay. He does what a highly trained professional shooter can do. It's clinical, but that's the point.

Agreed, the unrealism comes in that he gets the drop on everyone else, whereas in reality, no ones that lucky. They do at least mitigate that to some degree in that he does do body armour though.

Jason Bourne would be a fair match.

When Helen died, he lost everything.

Wick still has his dog. What's to stop Ethan Hunt from killing Wick's dog and Switching places with the dog by disguising himself as the dog. There's no way anyone would see that coming!

Honestly, Wick isn't that powerful. He would lose to armored batman and armored iron man and Jason Bourne easy.

If you specify non superhuman, non armored and nonbrainwashed killing machines though, I think Wick could take anyone.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
John Wick, Jason Borne, Brian Mills, Robert McCall and Jack Reacher in a 5 way hand to hand standoff in a regular house with no guns, knives or other conventional armaments. Just 90 minutes of screen time dedicated to people fighting each other with rolled up magazines, corkscrews, bottles and other knickknacks.

For gunfights only; John Wick vs Vincent from Collateral vs Alejandro from Sicario.

Last edited:

Batjag

Batman could take him. Look at the warehouse scene in BvS. Batman takes point blank shots to the head, but his cowl can handle it.
When he sticks one of those little gun-disabler bomb things on Wick's gun - no more gunfight.

At that point he slams Wick into the floor head first and finishes up with a shipping crate to the face. "Game over, man."

PreFire

Batman, Deathstroke (does he have powers?), Frank Castle (if he believes Wick was involved in his family's slaughtering), Lex Luthor, Dominic Toretto, Hobbs, Jason Bourne, Jack Reacher, The One (Jet Li's character), Deckard Shaw (Statham in F&F), John Matrix from Commando, Dutch from predator all have legitimate chances.. And since there are villains in that list, Wick won't get prep time when they try sneak attacks.

The Joker gets an honorable mention

Last edited:
It did work. She managed to shoot him but didn't know he had a bullet proof suit on.
She’s dead. He’s not. She should have aimed for his head then.

Wick easily kills Wayne and Stark. Of course when they wear their from head to toe bulletproof costume he won’t.

But there are some Batman’s Wick beats. Nolan Batman gets wrecked.

Jason Bourne is a interesting pick.

Dom form FatF would get all kinds of wrecked. Wick has easily killed tough guys

Last edited:

tkscz

Which Frank we talking here? Netflix Frank gets dealt with by John. Comic Frank maules John. Punisher has done some insane shit in the comics, like straight up get shot in several different places and walks it off. This goes for Bruce vs John as well unless we are talking Batfleck. Batfleck Batman may stand a chance. Comic book Batman has dodged bullets at point blank and knows every martial art on earth (and some alien ones).

John Wick, Jason Borne, Brian Mills, Robert McCall and Jack Reacher in a 5 way hand to hand standoff in a regular house with no guns, knives or other conventional armaments. Just 90 minutes of screen time dedicated to people fighting each other with rolled up magazines, corkscrews, bottles and other knickknacks.

For gunfights only; John Wick vs Vincent from Collateral vs Alejandro from Sicario.

you forgot to mention penciks in your list of knick knacks! shame on you! a contract will be place for your head shortly.

as for gun fights, put Leon from The Professional in there too and that'll be some really crazy gun fights. (in fact, how is Leon's CQC skill? it's been years since I watched the movie and I seem to remember he did ok with up close hand to hand fights, just not super good)

Dark Star

hand-to-hand / close quarters combat - wick

but tbh, Wick probably wouldn't even see Agent 47 coming. 47 would probably take the easy route and just snipe Wick driving his car from a clocktower half a mile away lol.

Kadayi

Banned
but tbh, Wick probably wouldn't even see Agent 47 coming. 47 would probably take the easy route and just snipe Wick driving his car from a clocktower half a mile away lol.

Pfft, and miss out on that Silent Assasin achievement? Never. It has to be up close and personal with a garotte and handy dumpster nearby.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Depends on the fight perameters.

If it was just wick and castle dropped on an island PUBG style I would say castle would win due to his military training.

Top Bottom