• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Woo could be returning to The Killer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
e2bpxibw2jke4zat0cakiough5_large.jpg

Please..... PLEASE HOLLYWOOD...

This man defined what an action film could be to me and has honestly yet to be surpassed.
A remake or just Woo returning to crime/action cinema in general would mean soooooo much to me (^______^)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well the only way I'd ever watch an American version of The Killer is if Woo directed it, so I guess I'm in if it actually happens.

see5harp

I'm sorry to say that I don't think John Woo has it anymore....I'd love for him to prove me wrong but honestly he should just stage the action scenes and let someone else handle everything else.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm sorry to say that I don't think John Woo has it anymore....I'd love for him to prove me wrong but honestly he should just stage the action scenes and let someone else handle everything else.

Red Cliffs was pretty great and wasn't that long ago.

Didn't he just make a really good movie within the last few years with Red Cliff? Dunno how Red Cliff 2 and The Crossing were, though.

Anyway, this news makes me moist.

Miker

If he does (and I hope he doesn't tbh), I hope he doesn't change the ending. I think American Audiences might find it a bit grisly.

see5harp

Red Cliffs was pretty great and wasn't that long ago.

It seemed pretty weak to me, outside of action sequences.

EDIT: To clarify why it was weak was the melodrama (and way too much of it....two entire movies!!!). I just don't think that plays to my (or many other) modern sensibilities. Claiming that he made Hard Target like 20 years ago is completely disingenuous considering the fact that this dude released an action movie with Ben Affleck and a war movie called Windtalkers.

It seemed pretty weak to me, outside of action sequences.

EDIT: To clarify why it was weak was the melodrama (and way too much of it....two entire movies!!!). I just don't think that plays to my (or many other) modern sensibilities. Claiming that he made Hard Target like 20 years ago is completely disingenuous considering the fact that this dude released an action movie with Ben Affleck and a war movie called Windtalkers.

He also directed MI2 which was just a John Woo film Starring Tom Cruise during its 3rd Act :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom