• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Stewart destroys Fox News (Daily Show, 4/24/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
The true irony of this whole thing is that their pure hatred for Muslims has reached such an extreme, they are now no better than the people they are demonizing. How long before they start saying that we need to kill all Muslims? It's like goddamn Animal Farm.

Good luck trying to tell them that, though.

By the way wow Bassem Youssef is such an awesome and charismatic guy.

Seriously, when I first heard of the guy I pictured a Stewart-lite who borrowed his comedy schtick, but, yeah, "awesome and charismatic" is right, and he's putting his ass on the line in a way that Stewart doesn't have to. When I found out he was a heart surgeon on top of all that...mind blown.

Ann Coulter wants Jews "to be perfected"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wnPHFSdrME

The woman isn't an act.

0219_nnle.gif

This is the episode I was talking about in the Boston bombing thread.

These people on Fox News are evil, scumbag, bigoted, low class people. They're the devil's spawn. They deserve to be locked away for years.

We should start profiling muslims? Enhanced interrogation isn't torture? Why don't you be waterboarded, Hannity? You goddamn.............take a deep breath, Barry.

The true irony of this whole thing is that their pure hatred for Muslims has reached such an extreme, they are now no better than the people they are demonizing. How long before they start saying that we need to kill all Muslims? It's like goddamn Animal Farm.

The critics of muslims are exactly like those fundamentalists, there will be a point where a major political leader in America will ask for public ids for muslims

Ourobolus

Banned

They already beat you to it:

http://rollingout.com/culture/tv-commentator-erik-rush-blames-muslims-for-boston-marathon-bombing/

EDIT: he's not a Fox anchor, but he does contribute a lot.

Ourobolus

Banned
Speaking of Hannity, when I'm feeling particularly down, I'll turn on my XM radio and turn to the Patriot channel and listen to Hannity, Andrew Wilkow, Mark Levin, and Glenn Beck. Always makes me think, "you know what, today may be a bad day, but at least I'm not a paranoid twatwaffle nutjob."

Darklord

Banned

The woman isn't an act.

I feel like if there was another Christian crusade or new Hitler in the world people like Ann Coulter would gladly join. They're monsters than are held back by society. I feel like she and many like her would become the Goebbels, Mengele, and Himmler's or modern day or at very least strong supporters of them and wish for the day that a "pure white christian" world existed.

Speaking of Hannity, when I'm feeling particularly down, I'll turn on my XM radio and turn to the Patriot channel and listen to Hannity, Andrew Wilkow, Mark Levin, and Glenn Beck. Always makes me think, "you know what, today may be a bad day, but at least I'm not a paranoid twatwaffle nutjob."

Patriot Radio is my default station. People think Fox News is bad, ha. Ya'll need to get on that Mark Levin train baby. That Andrew Wilkow train. Pure hate and aggression. Still don't understand how two guys can yell so damn much.

mark levin lol

Trokil

Banned
Cable news is more about promoting an agenda than news- CNN is fairly mainstream, but FOX news is far-right and MSNBC is far-left (you see less complaints about MSNBC because folks here tend to agree with them, but they are just as bad, maybe worse.

no way, not even close. Not even in their worst moments do they get close to the daily insanity of fox news.

KingDirk

Watching the link got me to watch the John Oliver segment on gun control, and man, guys, you should totes watch it. Part 2 was brilliant.

(Also, check out The Bugle if you haven't already.)

Nairume

Banned
Shows how little I follow that channel. It was pretty much a one-man show anyway.
I think he realized that he might as well just use the strategy he uses for his radio show and vary up his liberal strawmen instead of keeping just the one, since it allows him to trick his followers into thinking that he's dynamically trouncing the liberals and not just carefully planning out who he engages so he looks smart.

Jon Stewart however does use that as a defense for the Daily Show when someone attacks it for not being hard enough on guests. "Hey we're just a fake news show. The show on before us is puppets making crank calls." is what he said when the Crossfire people attacked him for being soft on Kerry, for example.

He also says it when anyone praises the show as being better than the "real" news. Stewart actually thinks it's sad that his show educates more people than actual news networks.

Stewart is 100% dead on about holding the 2nd Amendment dear but not the others. Can't say "But 2nd Amendment" yet want to strip an American from due process.

Freedom of Speech!!

Lindsay Graham actually said the people on the no-fly terrorist watch list should still be allowed to purchase firearms. (He's right since there are so many mistaken identities on the list, but that's not even his point.)

Didn't Stewart recently have a clash with Maddow on her TV show, too?

The guy obviously doesn't target one person, group of people, or news station necessarily. It's just that Fox News provides more joke material on a daily basis.

With the Boston bombings he definitely had a good time poking fun at CNN's incompetence as well.

As I recall, she thought they were going to have a simpatico "lol teabaggers, amirite?" moment, and Jon disagreed with her.

I would have fired whoever pasted that sign. Only liberals would put up with such incompetence.

The woman isn't an act.

It's obvious she (and many/most? conservatives) have never actually thought through to the end-game of their wish-list fantasies. Does banning abortion really result in no more abortions? Would getting rid of welfare end poverty? But, hey, everyone will be Christians!

Cable news is more about promoting an agenda than news- CNN is fairly mainstream, but FOX news is far-right and MSNBC is far-left (you see less complaints about MSNBC because folks here tend to agree with them, but they are just as bad, maybe worse)

No news media outlet it without bias- even the lauded BBC over here has its biases. This is why you need multiple sources. That said, I don't consider FOX or MSNBC credible sources at all, so my parents give it to me because they think I get "everything off the internet" (which is also an echo chamber)

That said, Coulter is particularly vile. She's about .8 on the Westboro Baptist scale of vileness.

Examples, please.

How far left is MSNBC when Joe Scarborough has his own show?

Three fucking hours.

Ourobolus

Banned

Patriot Radio is my default station. People think Fox News is bad, ha. Ya'll need to get on that Mark Levin train baby. That Andrew Wilkow train. Pure hate and aggression. Still don't understand how two guys can yell so damn much.
So true. It's absolutely ridiculous how vile their rankings can be.

I get angry when I listen. A large portion of my family listen to and or get their news from sources like that and I can't put up with it anymore.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Here's a recap on FOX News' stand on the constitution:
- Gunlaws: IT'S OUR SECOND AMENDMENT HOW DARE THEY TOUCH THE CONSTITUTION. TO CHANGE THE CONSTITUTION IS TO BE UNPATRIOTIC!

- Bombers and their relatives: THE CONSTITUTION DOES NOT COVER THIS AT ALL W NEED TO UPDATE IT, CHANGE IT OR EVEN REMOVE IT IF IT STANDS IN OUR WAY OF PROSECUTING THESE PEOPLE THAT WE HATE!

Fuck FOX, fuck FOX News and fuck everyone who provides those hypocritical assholes with ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom