• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Stewart's Last Daily Show Will Be August 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alt Title was "The World Is Dead: Jon Stewart's Last Daily Show Will Be August 6th", but I'm not brave enough

Click here for the video and article

At the end of tonight's episode — right before the ubiquitous "moment of zen" — Jon Stewart announced that August 6th will be his final episode of The Daily Show. It will be a hard ticket to come by, but he directed fans who are looking to win a pair to an autism fundraiser he's helping run on the crowdfunding site Omaze.

"I will be wearing a suit. I will, more than likely, be showered," Stewart said. "I'm sorry — I will be wearing overalls, and I won't shower."

I grew up watching Stewart on the Daily Show and I'm not ready to say goodbye so soon. I figured he'd go until the end of the year.

Nothing will ever top ending with Holland 1945 for me. That caught me so off guard.

Was that a reference to something or are they appreciating how great Neutral Milk Hotel is? I loved it but I was never sure.

Damnit, we need Indecision 2016.

I'm pretty sure he said that the idea of another similar election was one of the things making him want to leave, but yeah, it won't be the same without him.

aliengmr

In all honesty I kind of hope they don't do a huge Colbert-style send off. Might make it seem like the show is ending rather than continuing with a new host.

Clydefrog

My DVR is going to be empty without Colbert and Stewart. :( I don't think Stewart is going to have a sing-off bonanza like Colbert did. It will still be great though.

Conan will still be recording though!

Oh, and I have to give Noah a shot. "The Nightly Show" has already been deleted as a series recording...

Was that a reference to something or are they appreciating how great Neutral Milk Hotel is? I loved it but I was never sure.

I'm pretty sure he said that the idea of another similar election was one of the things making him want to leave, but yeah, it won't be the same without him.

He said it was that, and he didn't want to "leave the cupboard bare" for Noah when he starts.

Busty

Banned
The more I hear about this the more it sounds that Stewart isn't leaving The Daily Show, he's escaping it.

Apparently he's sick and tired of Comedy Central (or more accurately Viacom) brass and there's even been talk that he's not a supporter of Trevor Noah replacing him.

This would also explain the 'brain drain' that's happening at the show with various on and off screen talent leaving also.

The more I hear about this the more it sounds that Stewart isn't leaving The Daily Show, he's escaping it.

Apparently he's sick and tired of Comedy Central (or more accurately Viacom) brass and there's even been talk that he's not a supporter of Trevor Noah replacing him.

This would also explain the 'brain drain' that's happening at the show with various on and off screen talent leaving also.

Where are you hearing that from?

Busty

Banned
Where are you hearing that from?

Nowhere 'quotable'.

While you could say that most of that talk could just be glorified speculation dressed up as industry gossip the amount of talent that has left The Daily Show over the past year or so is pretty telling.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm slightly afraid this could actually affect elections somewhat mainly with the younger voting base who have shown they aren't usually active to begin with. The Daily Show / Colbert Report has always been able to show absurdities in the political landscape that many news places will not dig into. I'll miss them.

theirsbailiff

Neo Member
Really am going to miss him. Speaking of which, is there a compiled list somewhere of all of Stewart's greatest moments on the show that I can check out?

Doom Stories like this always come out at times like this.

People need a reason to justify shit they don't like.

Busty

Banned
Doom Stories like this always come out at times like this.

People need a reason to justify shit they don't like.

Is this aimed at me?

I'm a huge fan of the Daily Show and what I've seen of Trevor Noah's stand up routine I liked.

I have no dog in this fight.

HylianTom

Banned
A damn shame, but I understand his decision. He's gazed for long into the abyss. I'm at least glad that Stewart will be around for the upcoming Supreme Court finale.

And Colbert starts on September 8th, so my nighttime viewing will be covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom