• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Jon Stewart to perform his first stand-up special in 20 years

Bronx-Man

Banned
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/jon-stewart-stand-up-special-hbo-1202507711/
Jon Stewart will return to stand up comedy in a special for HBO, the former “Daily Show” host’s first such special in over 20 years, it was announced Wednesday at the TCA summer press tour.

“I’m really thrilled to be able to return to stand-up on HBO,” Stewart said. ”They’ve always set the standard for great stand-up specials. Plus, I can finally use up the last of the Saddam Hussein jokes left over from my first special.”

Stewart’s last stand up special, “Jon Stewart: Unleavened,” aired on HBO in 1996. Additionally, this fall Stewart will host the latest “Night of Too Many Stars” all-star benefit for NEXT For Autism to be presented live from The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York on Nov. 18.
The date & location are to be determined.

Keasar

Hyped! Not the same thing as him being a political satirist but he was still funny even outside The Daily Show.

Hyped! Not the same thing as him being a political satirist but he was still funny even outside The Daily Show.

It will be at least close. When he talks about his work as a comedian, he says it's very much rooted in the absurdity you find in politics.

Top Bottom