• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers / Avengers |OT| Thanos is in this (Spoilers)

I like the theory that Rabum Alal is
whatever is in the Galactus Seed from Fantastic Four #600. In another universe, the Galactus Seed hatched, which meant that "everything would end much sooner."

I am almost done with Hickman's Fantastic Four stuff. I am past the point where they fight off the Celestials and the awesome issue of Spidey and Johnny Storm as roommates
Annihilus sitting on a toilet was not an image I was ready for.
, but in addition to the Galactus seed part, I think this might come into play:

fFmhTl5.jpg

While her comments rang true somewhat for how Franklin and them saved everyone from the Celestials, the comment about all reality collapsing into a single time stream makes me think Valeria and Franklin could still come into play near the end. But what happened to Franklin in all of the stuff going on? I remember Reed talking about sacrifices in the last issue of New Avengers and we saw Franklin strapped to a machine. I dunno.

But that panel stuck out to me when thinking of where things are headed.

Loke13

I am almost done with Hickman's Fantastic Four stuff. I am past the point where they fight off the Celestials and the awesome issue of Spidey and Johnny Storm as roommates
Annihilus sitting on a toilet was not an image I was ready for.
, but in addition to the Galactus seed part, I think this might come into play:

fFmhTl5.jpg

While her comments rang true somewhat for how Franklin and them saved everyone from the Celestials, the comment about all reality collapsing into a single time stream makes me think Valeria and Franklin could still come into play near the end. But what happened to Franklin in all of the stuff going on? I remember Reed talking about sacrifices in the last issue of New Avengers and we saw Franklin strapped to a machine. I dunno.

But that panel stuck out to me when thinking of where things are headed.
Yeah they're has been some speculation regarding that panel recently about whether she's talking about Secret War or not. If all this ends with the death of Franklin and Val I can't imagine a more devastating blow to the Richards family.

Mudcrab

Preventing the early heat death of everything was what Ultimate Reed and Kang tried to do with the Infinity Gems. They were foiled by the Ultimates and this happened:

Then Hunger showed up in 1610.

So, I finally finished Hickman's Fantastic Four and FF runs. Wonderful stuff. And I particularly enjoyed this moment later on:

And I might still be reaching, but these two moments did seem to be foreshadowing a bit with what has been going down in Time Runs Out.

The Wizard seeing a man of half light and half dark. Alluding to the showdown of the two Reeds, and that 616 Reed will fail in the end?

Future Franklin saying goodbye to his parents. The comment about things that are coming, and untimely things. He could still be in play as part of what Rabum Alal is.

How long until that issue hits and we finally know?

Loke13

So, I finally finished Hickman's Fantastic Four and FF runs. Wonderful stuff. And I particularly enjoyed this moment later on:

And I might still be reaching, but these two moments did seem to be foreshadowing a bit with what has been going down in Time Runs Out.

The Wizard seeing a man of half light and half dark. Alluding to the showdown of the two Reeds, and that 616 Reed will fail in the end?

Future Franklin saying goodbye to his parents. The comment about things that are coming, and untimely things. He could still be in play as part of what Rabum Alal is.

How long until that issue hits and we finally know?
Lol god I love Hickman so much with his foreshadowing I am so glad the man got the chance to tell his story the fact that the seeds of it were planted in his previous works only makes it that more epic.

Also love that Franklin quote "The Universe is Sentient" and who shows up in Hickman's Avengers but the physical manifestation of the Universe herself.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
AXIS is about to derail me though. I'm probably still gonna be behind when Secret Wars starts. I'm trying.

Why in the fuck are you going to read Axis? Nothing of relevance occurs and it's god awful start to finish.

kswiston

Axis was worse than Age of Ultron for me. Axis destroyed the momentum of Uncanny X-Men which was good for a while, and shit up a bunch of books via crossovers in the process. Age of Ultron felt inconsequential the whole time, but at least it didn't really disrupt the rest of Marvel's line.

The worst thing about Age of Ultron is that I have to convince customers at work daily not to read it. So many people pick up the trade wanting to read it because of the upcoming movie by the same name.

Sadly, I cannot convince them to order the upcoming Kurt Busiek/George Perez omnibus because of the price, but they won't experience Ultron Unlimited then. They need to experience that if they want an awesome Ultron story.

The worst thing about Age of Ultron is that I have to convince customers at work daily not to read it. So many people pick up the trade wanting to read it because of the upcoming movie by the same name.

Sadly, I cannot convince them to order the upcoming Kurt Busiek/George Perez omnibus because of the price, but they won't experience Ultron Unlimited then. They need to experience that if they want an awesome Ultron story.
I was going to suggest the vol.2 trade of this particular run and then I checked its availability. They should print an Ultron Unlimited trade ASAP.

It's amazing how many defining arcs Busiek has written. This, the Kang Dynasty and Avengers Forever are really up there.

J10

Banned
Is there something I should read to find out why the Living Tribunal is dead? Does it have anything to do with this Rabum dude?

Loke13

Is there something I should read to find out why the Living Tribunal is dead? Does it have anything to do with this Rabum dude?
That bit of mystery hasn't been explained yet and yes it most likely has to do with the Incursions.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh, OK. The way it was presented I thought maybe something happened in a Guardians issue or something.

Nah, Hickman's being pretty self-contained with this story. I have no idea who Rabum Alal could be, it's not gonna be an evil Reed because we already have one of those. No need to double up. The Beyonders are accounted for too. If he nails this reveal man...

I joked before about it being evil alt Franklin Richards, but after reading Hickman FF I don't think so.

Maybe Doom made sweet love to the Galactus seed or something.

Loke13

Nah, Hickman's being pretty self-contained with this story. I have no idea who Rabum Alal could be, it's not gonna be an evil Reed because we already have one of those. No need to double up. The Beyonders are accounted for too. If he nails this reveal man...
According to Hickman it's a completely new character so...yeah can't wait to see how the New Avengers #31 plays.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The art style looks like something similar to what Hickman himself has created in the past.

J10

Banned
This story would have been confusing as shit for me if I weren't able to binge read it. In dunno how you guys followed along month to month.

Mudcrab

This story would have been confusing as shit for me if I weren't able to binge read it. In dunno how you guys followed along month to month.

Well I've definitely reread a good bit of the story, which is satisfying in its own way when you go back and see exactly what was foreshadowed years ago.

Plus its exciting to be here for reactions and discussions to the story as it unfolds issue to issue, speaking of...

New Avengers 30 is out tomorrow.

Loke13

Well I've definitely reread a good bit of the story, which is satisfying in its own way when you go back and see exactly what was foreshadowed years ago.

Plus its exciting to be here for reactions and discussions to the story as it unfolds issue to issue, speaking of...

New Avengers 30 is out tomorrow.
Spider-Britain no!!!!

Top Bottom