• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JP Games (Hajime Tabata studio) developing two large-scale titles in cooperation with major companies

sublimit

Banned
JP-Games-Projects_06-30-21.jpg

JP Games, the studio led by Final Fantasy Type-0 and Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata, has two new projects in development, each in cooperation with a major company, Tabata told the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.

“Both are large-scale titles,” Tabata said.

The first title has finished pre-production. It is a high-speed RPG described as an experimental game and evolution of Final Fantasy Type-0. Tabata wants to lessen the amount of time it takes to clear an RPG in a single playthrough by condensing the RPG experience and making it playable many times over in multiplayer.

The second title has only just begun. It is a global AAA-scale nomadic RPG described as an evolution of Final Fantasy XV. The goal is to make a large-scale title that incorporates free exploration.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Depends on how he is defining "major companies." But it is possible that the first game is with Nintendo and the second one is with Sony, at least going by the descriptions of these games.

Either way, good luck to JP Games. Hope they release great games.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Hope he has decided not to work with Square Enix again. They seem to drag him down. Pretty screwed up what they did with FFXV.

Daymos

Sweet! Time to redeem himself by creating a game without Nomura handing him a pile of shit and demanding he turn it into dinner.

Its amazing he's still alive after the stress and lack of sleep from ffxv, these jp dudes are nuts, I'd bank my money and go work a part-time job the rest of my life.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Texted Jim to ask him about this. Says he's punting on this one. Booby trap for Phil. Tabata not trustworthy. Quality varies. Shat.

Shubh_C63

I just watched the gameplay of Type Zero for the first time and saw the school setting, which reminded me that every goddamn rpg is gonna get shut down once Hogwarts rpg comes.

I'm down. Less interested in the multiplayer game but I guess we'll see what comes of it. Kind of surprising that they're doing two projects at once and specifically are claiming they're already done with pre-production.

sublimit

Banned
Sweet! Time to redeem himself by creating a game without Nomura handing him a pile of shit and demanding he turn it into dinner.

Its amazing he's still alive after the stress and lack of sleep from ffxv, these jp dudes are nuts, I'd bank my money and go work a part-time job the rest of my life.
This.
I remember those developer videos he started making when he got on board on FFXV and by the time the game was released he looked as if he had lost 10 years from his life from stress alone.

Interesting to see what he'll do now that the projects he's working on are his alone.

Top Bottom