• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[JPN] Loco Roco + PSP bundle on July 13th!

Troidal

Just the usual "Value Pack" contents plus the Loco Roco game.
The box is just full of Loco Roco-ness added onto it.

Available in Black or White.
h-103_54864_02.JPG.jpg

h-103_54864_04.JPG.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/06/14/103,1150266856,54864,0,0.html

EDIT:

And they are going to start selling this wonderful PSP pouch (roughly $15) ! OOOHHHH

13342_n20060614_02_rocoloco03.jpg

13342_n20060614_02_rocoloco04.jpg

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Wow, this totally screams me!

Sexy, even if it's not really a value or all that special.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Too little, too late.

DCharlie

Banned
pretty weird little bundle - it seems to cost more than its component parts ... ???

well, perhaps if you go on RRP its a bargain, but man.

reminder

Same Bundle as in Europe except you only get this with the white PSP here. It also launches on July 13th here. Price is 249€.

Price for the japanese Bundle is Yen 24,800.

john tv

I'm a little saddened by the pouch... I mean, be honest -- it looks like something your 70-year old grandmother might carry around. If it were 1979. :/

Doesn't matter tho, cuz the game rocks. PSP GOTY!

Troidal

john tv said:
I'm a little saddened by the pouch... I mean, be honest -- it looks like something your 70-year old grandmother might carry around. If it were 1979. :/

Yeah huh. Imagine carrying that purse and pull out the PSP....in 1979!
The world would probably collapse!

john tv

Troidal said:
Yeah huh. Imagine carrying that purse and pull out the PSP....in 1979!
The world would probably collapse!
Hell, I felt that way in 2004! PSP was from the future!

Little did I know it was a future where DS Lite ruled with an iron fist...

i checked out the demo. it's fun, and has great style.

but hardly a killer app. i just don't understand the strong push is all. it's nothing special.

Mook1e

That's a pretty crappy bundle. No remote or headphones and you have to buy the pouch seperate?
Basic pack + Loco-Roco = 24,800
:lol NO
I still can't understand why they have a basic pack with no remote when the remote is required for VOIP games...

john tv

imastalker co. said:
i checked out the demo. it's fun, and has great style.

but hardly a killer app. i just don't understand the strong push is all. it's nothing special.
Your opinion is factually incorrect!

BluWacky

imastalker co. said:
would you buy a PSP for this game?

Yup. I plan to, just for Loco Roco, and I HATE handheld gaming (despite loving the Game Gear, Lynx and GBC when I was younger, the GBA soiled me for life as I contorted myself into various positions to see the screen to play nothing but ports, plus I get travelsick if I play games on buses/trains).

It just looks plain fun; I don't have to just play "quirky" games all the time (I also wouldn't mind checking out Daxter) but Loco Roco looks far too much fun to pass up.

john tv

imastalker co. said:
would you buy a PSP for this game?
I bought a second PSP just for the Loco Roco demo...so yeah. :)

In all seriousness though, I think it's the best game to hit PSP thus far. To me it feels like a first-party Nintendo-crafted game on a Sony platform. Perhaps that's why it sticks out so much amongst most of the dogshit currently out on PSP. Great graphics, awesome music, fun gameplay, perfect controls...what else do you want? And best of all, it's got like zero load times.

If you can't see the greatness that is Loco Roco... YOU ARE PART OF BEBPO'S PROBLEM!

don't get me wrong. im not knocking the game.

just don't understand the strong push sony is giving it. but then again, they don't have much to push on the system themselves anyways. so that's probably why :)

john tv said:

Doesn't matter tho, cuz the game rocks. GOTY! SO FAR

Fixxed

alright guys. i think it's a cool game and all, but there's just no way i'll consider it a $250 game.

sorry, but i don't think anyone, including those who claim they are, are going to buy a PSP for loco roco alone. it's just not happening.

Baker

Banned
imastalker co. said:
alright guys. i think it's a cool game and all, but there's just no way i'll consider it a $250 game.

sorry, but i don't think anyone, including those who claim they are, are going to buy a PSP for loco roco alone. it's just not happening.

How many people in Japan bought a DS just for Brain Training?

that beautiful new market of baby boomer gamers that Nintendo created :)

but what's that have to do with this? are you just trying to point out that people buy systems for one game alone? because uh, no one is arguing that.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
imastalker co. said:

Well I'm close, I'm rebuying a PSP for it, so nyah.

WalkMan

Banned
imastalker co. said:

I'm sure there'd be people out there that'd buy a PSP solely for this game... But what if it had downloadable levels?

PhoenixDark said:
Ah, another great 3rd party title for the PSP. This game will sell 500,000 copies in it's first month out.
It's First-Party.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Loco Roco is an incredibly good game. Not only that, but it looks very unique and memorable. That's all there is to it, and that's why the marketing push.

WalkMan said:
I'm sure there'd be people out there that'd buy a PSP solely for this game... But what if it had downloadable levels?
It has level editor, so yes, there will be user created downloadable levels for sure, and devs might create more too.

Mrbob

I think I want a PSP for Loco Roco.

imastalker co. said:
that beautiful new market of baby boomer gamers that Nintendo created :)

This is just the beginning of Sony stealing these gamers away. Sony should thank Nintendo. Nintendo gets new gamers into gaming, and Sony takes them away. History repeating.

maybe. there's a chance i suppose.

but something tells me Nintendo would fight for the baby boomer gamer as hard as they do for the portable market. Sony also has to get around to making something that appeals to the market.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
I think I want a PSP for Loco Roco.

This is just the beginning of Sony stealing these gamers away. Sony should thank Nintendo. Nintendo gets new gamers into gaming, and Sony takes them away. History repeating.

not again :lol

Flip flopping fool,everyday you're all over the place on what you like.

Trurl

Banned
sugarhigh4242 said:
Part of me thinks that pouch is absolutely awesome.

Another (much larger) part can't shake how blatently feminine it is.
The pouch is awesome, don't let your ego get in the way. The pouch perfectly matches my style of offensivly flamboyant hawaiian shirts.

The pouch looks great, LocoRoco does look like something that'll come out of EAD Nintendo, looks sooooooooo much fun. Can't miss it.

Mrbob said:

Joke post? :lol

Top Bottom