• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 15 Stream: NieR's Yoko Taro & Keiichi Okabe join Terra Battle (Best Mobile RPG)

duckroll

http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2017/07/7152000barvol15.html

Terra Battle's Official Broadcast, Bar Hiso Alien on 7/15 starting at 20:00 JST (04:00 PDT). You will be able to enjoy the broadcast from Nico Nico Live, YouTube Live, and Periscope.

This time, "Yoko Taro (NieR:Automata Director)" and "Keiichi Okabe (NieR:Automata Composer)" will join our broadcast as the member of Team Fujisaka (Terra Battle Download Starter 2.7mil DL promise).

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mistwalkercorp/live
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv301738198

duckroll

http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2017/07/-714-am900.html
http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2017/07/-z10s2-714-am900.html

Special quest by Team Fujisaka "Arachnobot's Tale" will be available starting 7/13/2017 5:00PM (PDT).

"Team Fujisaka" assembles to bring you the special 2.7 Million Download Starter Milestone: with YOKO TARO writing the scenario, Keiichi Okabe composing the music, and Kimihiko Fujisaka designing the characters!

PNK2MwI.png

A wild infestation of Arachnobots swallows the Pleasure Quarters, "Agra." With tragedy after tragedy, what fate will await our adventurers...?

Stay tuned for the "Arachnobot's Tale," presented by Team Fujisaka!

From 7/13/2017 at 5:00 PM (PDT), the following event will begin both in the [Pact of Truth] and [Pact of Fate].

1. The odds for recruiting a new Class Z character "Tronic Gal" by Kimihiko Fujisaka will be increased!
2. As an added bonus, you are guaranteed to recruit at least 2 characters that is Class S or higher when you opt to recruit via the "10 times in a row" option!

EgqljC4.png

Don't miss this incredible opportunity to find powerful new allies with useful skills!

*The new character "Tronic Gal" will be available via [Pact of Truth] or [Pact of Fate] from 7/13/2017 at 5:00PM (PDT).

It's happening!!!!!

duckroll

30 more minutes until the event unlocks! Omg! Who is excited?! Wonder what they will talk about on the stream tomorrow...

Quonny

duckroll is single handedly trying to make this game relevant

I don't know whether to feel impressed or sad

Welp, finished Route A. Some thoughts:

-The music for the collab is absolutely amazing. Terra Battle already had awesome music, but Okabe knocked it out of the park. I was pleasantly surprised to see that he actually composed more than one or two tracks, all of them completely sublime.
-I thought it was pretty funny that Yoko predicted that the player would think returning to Agra to wipe out more Arachnobots would be a tedious chore, and wrote the intro to the collab accordingly. (Plus, it was exactly what I was thinking, so he got me.) The main character understandably has mixed feelings about working with people who don't care about her family's plight...I wonder if changing your team's composition will change any of the text...
-Had a little trouble at first since one of the chapters requires you to save certain enemies, and since my best units all have column/row/cross attacks, I had to switch in some under-leveled members to finish the chapter.
-The last part of the collab was pretty eerie. I initially thought that, if I went forward, I could spare the protagonist some pain, but I quickly got the feeling that every attack I did just made things worse. :T

All in all, I enjoyed this sad, little time travel story. After I put together what was happening, I could predict the ending, but there are still some mysteries left. Luckily, In Yoko Taro fashion, there are multiple endings which I have yet to get which I am sure will explain the goings on in more detail. Looking around, it looks like the qualifications for the other endings are a little complicated or will take some time to prepare. I was wondering why the collab was going to last around 2 months, so I guess this is why. It looks like you receive units and other rewards for completing endings other than A, so even if I didn't win robo spider girl from the gacha, I can still nab all the other stuff. (Even after Ending A, I really want her. :( )

I also traded for Tronic Gal O...lore-wise, I did not get what I was expecting. lol

duckroll

I pulled with 100 energy yesterday. No Tronic Gal. :(

Got Endings A, B, C, D, E so far. The only ones left apparently require an all Machine team, so I'm leveling those monsters I don't otherwise use. :D

Really happy with this event. Really looking forward to the Matsuno one. Hope it's even better!

Such a shame to waste Matsuno and Taro on a fucking gacha game

Well it's fantastic game that's criminally overlooked by dumbasses refusing to give mobile games a chance.

Bullshit. I'm a dumbass who love paid mobile games, but refuse to give fucking gacha games specifically a chance

anaron

Such a shame to waste Matsuno and Taro on a fucking gacha game

Bullshit. I'm a dumbass who love paid mobile games, but refuse to give fucking gacha games specifically a chance
Lol, ok.

I've played through the entire game and have yet to spend a single dollar on TB (outside once to support MW) since it premiered.

Top Bottom