• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2015 Xbox One Preview Update

link1201

Update #8 July 6, 2015
DETAILS
OS version released: xb_rel_1507.150702-2154
Available: 6:00PM PT 7/6 (2AM GMT 7/7)
CHANGES
◾A fix for Parental Restriction settings being fully localized.
KNOWN ISSUES
◾Xbox Fitness: When resuming from Instant-On mode and with Xbox Fitness suspended, you may encounter a frozen Kinect preview image, and Kinect interaction will not resume. Workaround: Hard reboot the console.
◾Please report any issues you discover via the Report a problem feature or in the forums!
Update #7 July 2, 2015
DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1507.150701-2309
Available: 6:00PM PT 7/2 (2AM GMT 3/7)
CHANGES
◾A fix for the Parental Restriction settings not displaying correctly. We are aware that not all languages are localized with these settings and a fix is in process.
KNOWN ISSUES
◾Xbox Fitness: When resuming from Instant-On mode and with Xbox Fitness suspended, you may encounter a frozen Kinect preview image, and Kinect interaction will not resume. Workaround: Hard reboot the console.
◾Please report any issues you discover via the Report a problem feature or in the forums!

Update #6 July 1, 2015
DETAILS
OS version released: xb_rel_1507.150630-1846
Available: 6:00PM PT 7/1 (2AM GMT 2/7)
CHANGES
◾A fix for an issue with the Party App where not choosing "Leave party" to leave a party may result in not being able to join future parties.
KNOWN ISSUES
Update #5 June 29, 2015
DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1507.150626-2200
Available: 6:00PM PT 6/29 (2AM GMT 30/6)

CHANGES
◾Fixes for developer scenarios.
KNOWN ISSUES
◾TED App: You may encounter an issue when loading the TED app where your local save file is corrupt and needs to be recreated. ◾Please use Report a problem if this occurs to you!
◾Xbox Fitness: When resuming from Instant-On mode and with Xbox Fitness suspended, you may encounter a frozen Kinect preview image, and Kinect interaction will not resume. ◾Workaround: Hard reboot the console.

Update #4 June 26, 2015
DETAILS
OS version released: xb_rel_1507.150623-2200
Available: 6:00PM PT 6/26 (2AM GMT 27/6)
CHANGES
◾Fix to address multiplayer issues reported by the community in Backward Compatibility titles.
Update #3 June 24, 2015

DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1507.150621-2200
Available: 6:00PM PT 6/24 (2AM GMT 25/6)
CHANGES
◾Fix for an issue preventing users from Twitch Streaming Backward Compatibility titles.
◾Fix to address issues with Matchmaking in Backward Compatibility multiplayer titles.

Update #2 June 16, 2015
DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1507.150615-2200
Available: 6:00PM PT 6/19 (2AM GMT 20/6)
CHANGES
◾Fixes for Game Streaming scenarios.

KNOWN ISSUES

Update #1 June 12, 2015
"The July update preview is here! This first update is just getting ready for features to come, so if it feels like there’s nothing yet, don’t worry – E3 is just around the corner, and you’ll get to see what we’ve been up to!

A new update will be available to all Preview members beginning at 6PM on 6/12. This update is the first of the July system update preview wave, and contains underlying changes to enable new features yet to be announced."

HOW TO GET IT
• If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
• NOTE: Once the update is available to your wave (Today is only available to the initial wave), you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PT 6/14/2015, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
DETAILS
OS version released: xb_rel_1507.150610-2200
Available: 6:00PM PT 6/12 (2AM GMT 13/6)
CHANGES
• Small tweaks under the hood to prepare for features to come.
KNOWN ISSUES
• Please report any issues you discover via the Report a problem feature or in the forums!
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_a...iew_forums/wave_15_1507/f/5361/t/1987017.aspx

A few tidbits so far:

• New UI Details Coming this Fall
• Backwards compatibility confirmed during Xbox briefing in Preview Now!
• Stream your favorite Xbox One games to the Xbox App in Windows 10 - starting today in Preview!

Xbox Preview FAQ
Xbox Preview Invite Request Thread

Will Post new Updates as they arrive

Here's to one of those features being backwards compatability.

Never gonna happen brother.

I really am dying for an overhaul of the OS. I think it's perfectly fine most of the time but it is still very clearly designed with Kinect in mind obviously and that vision has pretty much been dropped at this point.

It's just kind of clunky.

link1201

Never gonna happen brother.

I really am dying for an overhaul of the OS. I think it's perfectly fine most of the time but it is still very clearly designed with Kinect in mind obviously and that vision has pretty much been dropped at this point.

It's just kind of clunky.

I am very curious to see if we get a whole new OS. I suspect we will as you said this one was made with Kinect very much in mind. The new sku without one definitely changed things.

outsida

I think they've been covertly installing windows 10 for the last couple of months and will just flip the switch next week for preview members.

Xbudz

I'd love to see the Xbox One get a new UI next week, along with the game streaming to Windows 10. Backwards compatibility would be crazy but won't happen.

TheZink

This update killed my kinect. Anyone else have this problem. It won't power on. It worked fine last night but there was an updated 2:25 AM and it's gone.

leeh

This update killed my kinect. Anyone else have this problem. It won't power on. It worked fine last night but there was an updated 2:25 AM and it's gone.
Id check the preview forums and see if there's anyone else. Tried a hard reset? Mines fine.

karma2578

If anyone could send me an invite I'd appreciate it, none of my friends are on the program and I've been wanting to join for ages

GT: karma2578

TheZink

Id check the preview forums and see if there's anyone else. Tried a hard reset? Mines fine.
I did a hard reset twice. My Xbox won't even recognize it's plugged in. It was working perfectly fine yesterday. 😑

Kinsella

Banned
I'd love to see the Xbox One get a new UI next week, along with the game streaming to Windows 10. Backwards compatibility would be crazy but won't happen.

The UI is the least of my concerns. The OS is horrible. A new UI isn't going to change how laggy everything feels. Hopefully this is the foundation for an update to Windows 10, and hopefully with that comes a drastically needed improvement to performance.

gAg CruSh3r

Will someone please invite me I would appreciate it so much! I can't wait for what else Xbox has coming in the future! My GT is..

gAg CruSh3r

Novocaine

Sorry to contribute to the derailing but another interested in a preview program invite if anybody has one to spare

Tag = NovocaineAU

B3N1

61880-George-Michael-its-happening-i-dNrF.gif

I need that background music since Day One.

Edit:
There is a system version out there that records higher bitrate/60fps that's not in preview yet, right? That could be a Win10 based build.

Alx

I'm very curious to see what the win10 dashboard will look like, but also a bit wary. On PC/tablets I can't say I'm satisfied with the choices they've made, hopefully they'll have better inspiration for consoles.

Top Bottom