• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Ugh, not the most encouraging thing to hear about the Federation. May have to check out some of the other stuff though. Remember hearing some good thing about NJPW.

NJPW is great, great matches, great booking. Not the place to go if you're into storytelling though unless you speak Japanese. They don't translate a lot of stuff.

It's really annoying when someone is in the ring cutting a promo and the commentators are dead silent. Perhaps get a translator to summarize? If NJPW really wants to expand outside of Japan they need to step up their game in this regard.

Anth0ny

NJPW is great, great matches, great booking. Not the place to go if you're into storytelling though unless you speak Japanese. They don't translate a lot of stuff.

It's really annoying when someone is in the ring cutting a promo and the commentators are dead silent. Perhaps get a translator to summarize? If NJPW really wants to expand outside of Japan they need to step up their game in this regard.

I think it's one of the biggest things they need to do if they really want to expand.

Look at UFC post match interviews. Audiences are more than willing to let a translator do their job for someone who doesn't speak English. And they still pop huge for the translation.

Syder

Ugh, not the most encouraging thing to hear about the Federation. May have to check out some of the other stuff though. Remember hearing some good thing about NJPW.
Honestly, if you want to get back into wrestling just watch New Japan.

If you haven't already go back and watch Wrestle Kingdom 11 for Okada/Omega and then watch Dominion for the rematch.

DC4-do4UMAELvFq

So the G1 is kinda close, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in an avatar tournament bet. I think Botaaay did one in 2014, and since we love to bet our avatars we could do another one!!!

It would be kinda simple. We could do a lottery and you would have to use an avatar of the wrestler you got until the end of the tournament. And then for a month you would have to use the avatar of the winner of the 2017 G1 Climax!!!

We could add the G1 symbol to our avatars to help promote the event.

If we get more than 20 participants we could do a second lottery, that way we can promote more the event.

What do you say Wrestlegaf? Are you in? Any suggestion?

This Titus O'Neil TEDx Talk.... wow.

What an unfortunate upbringing, I'm rooting for the #TitusBrand.
I'll give this a listen later. Welcome to the brand.
So the G1 is kinda close, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in an avatar tournament bet. I think Botaaay did one in 2014, and since we love to bet our avatars we could do another one!!!

It would be kinda simple. We could do a lottery and you would have to use an avatar of the wrestler you got until the end of the tournament. And then for a month you would have to use the avatar of the winner of the 2017 G1 Climax!!!

We could add the G1 symbol to our avatars to help promote the event.

If we get more than 20 participants we could do a second lottery, that way we can promote more the event.

What do you say Wrestlegaf? Are you in? Any suggestion?
I'd do it if I wasn't already in one.

And speaking of mitb women's match:

Bubba Ray seems to think that fans give more thought and dissect things more than the WWE gives thought behind a decision. In other words, he believes WWE wanted to get people pissed off with that mitb ending and any heat, "good or bad" , is effective heat.

Which I disagree with. He reduced it to carny shit and stupidly enough, said if you were okay with the shit that went down in the 80s, this shouldn't surprise you. In other words, don't be mad at wwe, they've always been "carny" (see: sexist).

What a mental fuck up

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
And speaking of mitb women's match:

Bubba Ray seems to think that fans give more thought and dissect things more than the WWE gives thought behind a decision. In other words, he believes WWE wanted to get people pissed off with that mitb ending and any heat, "good or bad" , is effective heat.

Which I disagree with. He reduced it to carny shit and stupidly enough, said if you were okay with the shit that went down in the 80s, this shouldn't surprise you. In other words, don't be mad at wwe, they've always been "carny" (see: sexist).

What a mental fuck up

Did you read this very thread during Smackdown. As soon as Carmella cut a halfway decent promo all was forgiven.

Apparently nobody was actually upset and was just concern trolling or something.

Even though WWE has shit the bed big time it is hard to say if there has been a better time to be in to wrestling. It is just so much easier to access stuff from all over the world it is like an embarrassment of riches.

I am extremely happy with my DDT Universe sub. Seems like an insane value given how much is on here.

Toki767

This Ohno/Black match is pretty good.

Not sure why they're facing each other though.

I guess NXT is pretty low on heels. There's Bobby Roode. And then...Sanity and Almas, who constantly lose.

Did you read this very thread during Smackdown. As soon as Carmella cut a halfway decent promo all was forgiven.

Apparently nobody was actually upset and was just concern trolling or something.

They brought that up to . "Look what we got out of it! The best Carmella promo..."

Like, people don't understand the basic concept of mutual exclusivity. Carmella could have been responsible for Carmella and WWE can be just as equally responsible for the circumstances leading up to her moment yesterday.

Io Shirai did a press conference where she says she is taking "long-term absence from Stardom" due to exhaustion. She wants to "reset her life".

Kayfabe until the end.

FWIW, Meltzer says she still doesn't have WWE start date as there are a few things that still need to be cleared up.

Jamie OD

Io Shirai did a press conference where she says she is taking "long-term absence from Stardom" due to exhaustion. She wants to "reset her life".

Kayfabe until the end.

FWIW, Meltzer says she still doesn't have WWE start date as there are a few things that still need to be cleared up.

Asuka said similar in the lead up to her signing with NXT. Taking a break but not retiring, looking for something different, etc.

They brought that up to . "Look what we got out of it! The best Carmella promo..."

Like, people don't understand the basic concept of mutual exclusivity. Carmella could have been responsible for Carmella and WWE can be just as equally responsible for the circumstances leading up to her moment yesterday.

Thank you for reminding me that Danielson's ruling was moronic, selfish, and sexist. #FireBryan

Top Bottom