• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Now that Owens' match is finished, time to rep your WWE Champion The Modern Day Maharaja Jinder Mahal.

Huge pop for Jinder tonight btw. He's over in Vancouver

Don't have numbers on twitch subs but they had their followers end at close to 4500 with peak watchers at around 7000.

They got the eyeballs they needed tonight.

How was Jinder's performance in and of itself?

Hasn't wrestled yet. They gave him the honor of letting us know at the top of the show that Nakamura couldn't get into the country

He was overwhelmed by the cheers a bit I think but the response for him was fucking awesome. Like I said lots of Modern Day Maharaja shirts. Lots of Indian Canadians here tonight too. It's awesome.

He skipped the English intro of his promo and went right to Punjabi which got a huge pop too.

Then he switched to Englush and said Nak didn't get into the country but that it was because he's scared of Jinder and was dodging him. He called out a ref and demanded he count Nak out. Ref got to like 7 and Seth Rollins hit the ring, explained why he's here and challenged Jinder to a WWE title which is going to be the Main Event.

Jinder I thought did pretty well and made a decent tiny angle out of Nak's absence.

I'm bummed at the lack of Nak buuuut it was supposed to be him vs Owens vs Ziggles and instead I got Owens vs Zayn vs Ruuuuuuusev which is overall a better match because fuck Ziggles.

Egg0

Banned
When I got home I could've been watching Wrestlecircus or start GLOW.

Instead I chose the carniest thing to watch, Bellator.

Huh they let Tye get a decent amount of offense in. Pretty fun for a Corbin match.

Nice finishing sequence where Tye dives over Corbin rolls turns around and rund right into an End of Days.

Just got home from the WC show. So many matches. Show would have better without Morrison / Luchadino,Wentz / Sydal, and at least half of that scramble crap. Getting to see Strickland win the title made it all worthwhile. Dude legit celebrated like he just won the Super Bowl. You could tell the crowd was exhausted but still hung around for it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So apparently
Carlito
and
Brodus
were creepers to the Glow ladies while filming their shit.

Carny motherfuckers ;_;

Just finished GLOW. The acting is a bit suspect in spots and it's obvious that all the wrestling was done by stunt doubles, but the story was great and it was really entertaining overall.

Anth0ny

According to Meletzer, WWE didn't give their blessing to GLOW because they wanted it to be called GLOSE and netflix told vince to fuck off back to his carnival :O

How was Jinder's performance in and of itself?

To answer your question now that it's over:

Seth Rollins made me a fan of his tonight. He busted his ass (so did Jinder tbh) to make up for the lack of Nak.

Rollins and Jinder actually have pretty decent chemistry.

Not the most technically impressive match but both guys were over huge. Dueling chants which Jinder played up from time to time and Rollins reacted to with disbelief as well (good shit) and both men worked hard and went 20-25 min and sure there were rest spots but everything else was pretty smooth. Jinder has a lot of great high knees and knee drops and honestly I like his rear chin locks he makes them aggressive. Definitely a match that probably wouldn't translate well on TV but was a ton of fun live. Both guys really strived to work the crowd.

Crowd was into near falls at a house show so that was pretty sick. Had a DQ finish which is to be expected but post match saw Rollins but one Singh brother in the corner and fucking buckle bomb the other one into him. Then Rollins powerbombed Jinder through a table and cut a Vancouver is awesome promoand then he spent a lot of time with fans in front rows throughout the arena, signed some autographs even.

I duel chanted Let's Go Rollins, Lets go Jinder with two kid Seth Rollins fans and we had a good laugh and when we got tired I fist bumped them and their Dad. Fun fun fun.

Nak not making it actually could very well have made this show better because his absence is why I got Owens vs Zayn vs Ruuuuuuusev and Rollins vs Jinder. Great stuff.

Match of the night for me though was Nattie vs Charlotte. Nattie was so over and loving it.

All in all a fantastic show with a fantastic crowd. No one slacked or took a night off. They all busted their asses.

I thought first episode of GLOW was interesting, but it lost me in the second episode. I watched the next couple of episodes and I wasn't feeling it. Just like OITNB, I feel like the show was advertised as a comedy and it wasn't. I wonder if that second episode was tough for Kharma. I ended up watching the GLOW doc and that was pretty good.

Adree

I thought first episode of GLOW was interesting, but it lost me in the second episode. I watched the next couple of episodes and I wasn't feeling it. Just like OITNB, I feel like the show was advertised as a comedy and it wasn't. I wonder if that second episode was tough for Kharma. I ended up watching the GLOW doc and that was pretty good.

I'm warming up to it. It definitely wasn't an instant winner with me. I'm on episode 6 now and Kharma has a really great scene (and she does the Flair strut in the background of another.)

I do find it weird that this far in they still have only said face and not babyface. They don't explain the terms at all really.

Also Alison Brie is the worst part of it I'm sad to say.

Is there any video?

Not yet... they had security roaming and saying .. no video, no video. So if I find any I'll share but I didn't take any.

I'm telling you though. We packed a house for a fucking house show and the crowd was into everything... WWE would be idiots not to look into a Raw/Smackdown or frankly a PPV because that would sell out almost guaranteed and you'd have a hot hot crowd.

Like this house show was in our main hockey arena and everything but the upper deck (which I don't think they even opened for sale) was packed.

Adree

WWE would be idiots not to look into a Raw/Smackdown or frankly a PPV because that would sell out almost guaranteed and you'd have a hot hot crowd.

240m657.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not yet... they had security roaming and saying .. no video, no video. So if I find any I'll share but I didn't take any.

I'm telling you though. We packed a house for a fucking house show and the crowd was into everything... WWE would be idiots not to look into a Raw/Smackdown or frankly a PPV because that would sell out almost guaranteed and you'd have a hot hot crowd.

Like this house show was in our main hockey arena and everything but the upper deck (which I don't think they even opened for sale) was packed.

Where was this?

To answer your question now that it's over:

Seth Rollins made me a fan of his tonight. He busted his ass (so did Jinder tbh) to make up for the lack of Nak.

Rollins and Jinder actually have pretty decent chemistry.

Not the most technically impressive match but both guys were over huge. Dueling chants which Jinder played up from time to time and Rollins reacted to with disbelief as well (good shit) and both men worked hard and went 20-25 min and sure there were rest spots but everything else was pretty smooth. Jinder has a lot of great high knees and knee drops and honestly I like his rear chin locks he makes them aggressive. Definitely a match that probably wouldn't translate well on TV but was a ton of fun live. Both guys really strived to work the crowd.

Crowd was into near falls at a house show so that was pretty sick. Had a DQ finish which is to be expected but post match saw Rollins but one Singh brother in the corner and fucking buckle bomb the other one into him. Then Rollins powerbombed Jinder through a table and cut a Vancouver is awesome promoand then he spent a lot of time with fans in front rows throughout the arena, signed some autographs even.

I duel chanted Let's Go Rollins, Lets go Jinder with two kid Seth Rollins fans and we had a good laugh and when we got tired I fist bumped them and their Dad. Fun fun fun.

Nak not making it actually could very well have made this show better because his absence is why I got Owens vs Zayn vs Ruuuuuuusev and Rollins vs Jinder. Great stuff.

Match of the night for me though was Nattie vs Charlotte. Nattie was so over and loving it.

All in all a fantastic show with a fantastic crowd. No one slacked or took a night off. They all busted their asses.

That's awesome. Sounds like the guys and gals have a lot of fun performing in house shows where everything is fun and loose and not scripted to a T.

That's awesome. Sounds like the guys and gals have a lot of fun performing in house shows where everything is fun and loose and not scripted to a T.

Yep... go figure eh.

But yeah Rollins really stepped up to make up for no Nakamura.

I'm going to another house show with my Dad in Ottawa in August and he's scheduled so hopefully he gets his visas or passport issues in order by then. I imagine they'll try harder to get it all in order as they are filming Smackdown Live in Toronto that Tuesday so I'm going to imagine they'll want him since it'll be the 2nd last SDL until Summerslam

Top Bottom