• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JUPITER'S COCK: Spartacus sequel show in development

New show from the creator of the original series

The new chapter is set in the aftermath of the slave army’s defeat and will “depict a new tale of treachery, deceit, and blood unfolding beneath the foreboding shadow of Rome,” per the project’s description. Starz also says the update will feature characters from the original series — though no specifics are in place yet.

True patricians will remember there was talk of a Caesar spin-off: https://deadline.com/2012/11/starz-spartacus-spinoff-julius-caesar-talks-378746/

🤔. Sex, Swords, and bloody murder
giphy.gif

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I very much doubt this new show will contain the same kind of language, themes and characters that Spartacus did. The world is a very different place now.

Season One of Spartacus was a legendary piece of television... and as much now as then: RIP Andy. A hugely talented and kind man, taken way too early.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Didn't virtually everyone die by the end? Years since I watched it, but what returning characters would there be?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I very much doubt this new show will contain the same kind of language, themes and characters that Spartacus did. The world is a very different place now.

Season One of Spartacus was a legendary piece of television... and as much now as then: RIP Andy. A hugely talented and kind man, taken way too early.
I was shocked at how good that show was. It's super cheesy, super low budget, but awfully entertaining and nailed the big gladiator arena fights.

jason10mm

Gold Member
NFW it keeps the same level of nudity.

I wish these guys had gotten to do their "marines in space" show though, coulda been better than Starship Troopers.

I was shocked at how good that show was. It's super cheesy, super low budget, but awfully entertaining and nailed the big gladiator arena fights.
Beneath all the shlock there is a superbly written show. Every major character in Spartacus has clear goals and acts according to those goals throughout the show.
Nothing just happens for the shock value, despite how shocking everything is, there is always a power play happening or deeper ambition being carried forward.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Read this last night and lost my shit. Spartacus is one of my favourites of all time, and I never expected this to make a comeback. I asked Stephen if they'll stick to the language, nudity and the violence, and he said they most definitely will. Couldn't be happier.

Also, they should just call this Jupiter's Cock.

Last edited:

Sonik

The first one was popular becauee it was edgy, fun and had lots of nudity. The woketards are going to massacre this now

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
The first one was popular becauee it was edgy, fun and had lots of nudity. The woketards are going to massacre this now
The first one was for me a little like season 1 of prison break: clear idea with things happening and clear end goal that is done by the end of the season. But life happened. RIP Andy.

Top Bottom