• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 Expansion Details: SKY FORTRESS, LAND MECH ASSAULT, BAVARIUM SEA HEIST

image_just_cause_3-30919-3114_0001.jpg

“If Just Cause 3 is over-the-top action then the Air, Land and Sea Expansion pass aims to stand on its shoulders and reach even higher,” said Tobias Andersson, Senior Producer at Avalanche Studios. “An incredible amount of time has been spent ensuring every new item is fully integrated into the main game and can be used during existing missions. Rico’s new Bavarium Wingsuit will fundamentally alter the core gameplay of Just Cause 3 and we can’t wait to see the crazy stunts that players perform with it.”

New Bavarium wingsuit with offensive capabilities
LastingTartGnu.gif

FineGleefulBallpython.gif

ohhh.png

SKY FORTRESS contains a brand new set of missions that introduce a new threat – a huge and terrifying Sky Fortress and an army of deadly robotic drones. To tackle his deadly new adversary, Rico Rodriguez will use a new upgradeable, rocket-powered, weaponised ‘Bavarium Wingsuit’ fitted with shoulder mounted machine guns and auto targeting missiles - alongside his new ‘Eviction’ personal defence drone and ‘Bavarium Splitter’ assault rifle.

Youtube Trailer

Based Gamersyde HQ trailer

Mech to be featured in the LAND MECH ASSAULT expansion

The second pack in the Expansion Pass entitled LAND MECH ASSAULT will contain another new series of missions that introduce a unique new vehicle that can be carried over into the main game; a heavily armoured mech armed with a gravity gun that allows objects to be picked up and powerfully thrown in any direction. Although the mech is as strong as a tank, it is highly manoeuvrable and agile and behaves unlike anything else in the game.

rejoice.png

Info on Bavarium Sea Heist later, I presume. Sky Fortress hits March 2016!

Burn thread to ground and kill friends if old.

Alienous

I was hoping for a PLAYABLE FRAMERATE pack for the Xbox One and PS4.

Good thing they decided to do the DLC instead.

5taquitos

I wish impressions weren't so bad for the PS4 base game. I loved JC2 to death, even Platinumed it, and this DLC looks amazing, but I'm super hesitant to jump in.

SJRB

Gold Member
O for fuck's sake, Avalanche. Why not spend some of that "incredible amount of time" in fixing the performance of your game?

xrnzaaas

Yeah no. I have enough after finishing the main game (didn't even bother with all of the challenges) and apparently the performance issues still aren't fixed.

Revven

I was hoping for a PLAYABLE FRAMERATE pack for the Xbox One and PS4.

Good thing they decided to do the DLC instead.

For real. The framerate being unpatched two months later tells me they aren't going to patch it ever. I finished the main game recently just because and man the amount of times the framerate dipped really soured some of the missions and relative playability during said missions.

But SE wanted those Christmas sales...

I have zero reasons to return to this game unless they patch the framerate. Not buying their DLC.

kvn

So basically no patch news since the beginning of January and the official forums have long been abandoned. Performance on PS4 will forever be atrocious (hopefully not).

Enjoyed the game (on PS4), didn't really notice any frame issues but load times on reload were miserable. Meh, not really a great or memorable game, the story line wasn't even awful it was just... barely there.

It was fun doing all kinds of crazy shit with the tools they provide but thats like 5-10 hours of fun and then I don't really feel any need to play the game ever again.

Guess I'll just do what I did with JC2 - buy it again on PC in 1-2 years, GOTY edition and hopefully by then modders have developed a MP mode for it too. JC2 MP is one of the craziest and funnest things around when you are half drunk and just wanna do something stupid.

TVexperto

Wow ... cant believe they are not even commenting about the awful framerate issues on consoles, really loved JC2 and MadMax so Im really disappointed how they are handling this release..

Who though that focussing on DLC would be a good idea? Are they not hearing what the community is saying?

I wish impressions weren't so bad for the PS4 base game. I loved JC2 to death, even Platinumed it, and this DLC looks amazing, but I'm super hesitant to jump in.

I was so close to buy it day1 on PS4 because I loved JC2, but I renounced in favour of my backlog, now I'm glad I did...but please Avalanche fix that shit, I want to give you my money!

ArjanN

Played the base game and enjoyed it, but it did feel like it could use some more over the top missions/gear in the end game.

Also, it's pretty demanding, but I could mostly brute force my way past that on PC. Honestly, given the size of the world, your movement speed and tons of physics/exploding stuff going on I'm not sure XBOX and PS4 are really up to snuff to run this well.

Played the base game and enjoyed it, but it did feel like it could use some more over the top missions/gear in the end game.

Also, it's pretty demanding, but I could mostly brute force my way past that on PC. Honestly, given the size of the world, your movement speed and tons of physics/exploding stuff going on I'm not sure XBOX and PS4 are really up to snuff to run this well.

Yup, the physics in this game are really impressive and reading the Steam reviews, even on PC it was a little bit to ambitious.

Liked the game a lot, the missions are off course not that good. The game would been better received if it had more and better missions or side quests instead of the big island that's unnecessary imo. I like a more condense open world, than the big repetitive landscape we get in JC3.

Will get the season pass when it's on a sale, 25 euro for this is a little bit too much.

Maybe I'm crazy but I found the game perfectly playable on the PS4 and didn't notice the framerate getting low enough to affect my experience at all.

Pack sounds good.

OVDRobo

As someone who really enjoyed Just Cause 2 back when it released on the PS3, this game was a massive disappointment to me.

It's such a shame that Avalanche took the Saints Row method of franchise evolution where instead of trying to actually fix the core issues people have with the games, they instead double down on the stuff they already did well and try to one-up themselves.

The open world is still gigantic and mostly pointless because all you have to do within it is the same few tasks over and over again. The mission design seemingly goes against the entire design ethos of the game, focusing on making you protect people and places or make precision shots/movements with guns/vehicles that completely weren't optimised in any way for precise control, such as car races with 'action movie' physics. The writing is still bad, but now it's more self aware. I could complain endlessly about how much of a disappointment this game is to me, but there's one thing I do want to highlight:

An incredible amount of time has been spent ensuring every new item is fully integrated into the main game and can be used during existing missions

Putting 'An incredible amount of time' into something you expect people to pay for when your game still tanks the framerate and occasionally crashes on consoles is absolute bullshit and I wholeheartedly advise anyone saying that they're considering picking up this game to reconsider.

Yeah, I've had it since release and only ended up putting nine hours into it so far and it's been almost a month since I last played it. I actually drive in the stupid game and those controls are terrible, especially on a motorcycle despite the brief talk they had before the game's release on how they redid their driving with former Criterion members, I actually expected it to be fun. Then there's the issues that still haven't been fixed or maybe they have by now, like is the flickering with Global Illumination on fixed yet?

Top Bottom