• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 performance boost HOLY SHIT.gif

Makikou

holy-sht.gif

I could actually play this game now. Woah.

U2NUMB

Thats awesome news... since I own it and played as much as I could on the X1 I hope one day a patch for the scorpio does the same thing but who the hell knows at that point.

Such a shame the treatment this game got on consoles form the dev and publisher. Even in this case it was the Sony patch to boost performance that did the trick..

Arulan

It's nice to see console users get better use of their updated hardware that doesn't rely on the developer's say.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
holy-sht.gif

This was one of the worst performing PS4 games where everything slowed to a crawl. great to see it as a viable purchase for those with pro

This is the only game so far that takes advantage of that is making me resent my regular ass PS4. Not entirely Sony's fault either since the devs borked this game repeatedly over patches.

low-G

Guess I'm used to playing the PC version, was the PS4 version slow or something?

~20fps often (drops well below, huge stutters on explosions), 3+ minute load times (bet those are unchanged).

Yeah the console versions made the PC version look amazing.

Shoeless

Cool, bought this during the last flash sale, but hadn't downloaded it. I guess I'll just wait until the next firmware update, then give it a spin. Still going through Gravity Rush and Yakuza 0 right now anyway.

Nah that's fine. I'm just mad they don't give a shit about performance.
I completely understand, and for what it's worth, I feel the way the game was shipped was a slap in the face of everyone who bought it.

However, the game is cheap enough now for it not to feel like I'm giving that a pass.

TVexperto

I still wont buy JC3 ... I mean its really frustrating how they pumped out one DLC after another without fixing all those FPS issues with the PS4...

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So boost mode is what I expected when they first announced the Pro, improved performance to all games like when you buy a new GPU on PC. For example Until Dawn should now run at 30fps locked instead of dropping into the teens. This actually makes the Pro way more attractive for me.

Lucifon

Can't wait for the df video going over this stuff. Sadly in this case as pc players will know the game is still disappointing.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
This is absurd that this game required a console with 2.3x the GPU, 1.3x the CPU, and improved RAM speed and availability to achieve an expected/standard level of performance.

calder

Wow, I really wanted this game when it was on sale but the whole "being basically unplayable" kept me away. May have to give it a try when 4.5 drops!

noice-soda-600x600.jpeg

SJRB

Gold Member
Thanks Sony for doing what Avalanche failed to do, I guess.

Please don't buy this game.

Zakalwe

Banned
Next paycheck I'm selling my base console and upgrading. I can't keep reading shit like this, the envy is real regardless of how ridiculous it is.

Top Bottom