Just found a copy of Ridge Racer Unbounded in Toronto

It's part of scamco's "run it to the ground" business strategy :D

Announce that the game is delayed indefinitely, put it secretly in stores without a marketing budget, watch it die. Kinda like Sega! :D

Tucah

you speak so well
Guess it's not delayed, checking online every Gamestop in my area apparently has copies in stock.

I'd like to see some impressions from someone before I go out and buy it though (although I should probably go out and get around to picking up Kid Icarus anyway...)

dark10x

60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps
Why are people buying this game? Ridge Racer has not been better than crap in like 10 years.
Incorrect. There have been several good installments in the last decade. That said, this new game was developed by a completely different non-Japanese team and is nothing like the rest of the series.

Incorrect. There have been several good installments in the last decade. That said, this new game was developed by a completely different non-Japanese team and is nothing like the rest of the series.
It's made by Bugbear right? Actually OK than I am back onboad, I really like the Flatout series.

Holy shit, it is Flatout! My eyes usually glaze over when I read the words "ridge" and "racer" together but that statement immediately made me look the game up, and it's developed by Bugbear!

Why the fuck would they call it Ridge Racer? RR fans don't want Flatout and Flatout fans sure as HELL don't want Ridge Racer!

Why the fuck would they call it Ridge Racer? RR fans don't want Flatout and Flatout fans sure as HELL don't want Ridge Racer!
It worked out alright for Criterion and Need for Speed. Then again, EA does tend to market their games every once in awhile.

Seriously, this is one of the weirdest launches ever.

Nice OT, though.

Picked up the 360 version but I'm not even going to have the chance to play it tonight. :(. Might switch it for a PC version if they have one in tomorrow.

If I can't get the PC on Steam version this week then they missed their day 1 window with me. Stupid Namco.
People have claimed it's going to be released on the 30th worldwide, but it's just not having any pre-order period. We'll see. Scamco probably doesn't want to look petty for offering pre-orders without the usual 10 percent discount.