• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just played through Quantum Break

Krathoon

I recently bought Quantum Break in the Microsoft Store. I assume it includes all the video and doesn't stream it anymore.

I had the XBox version, but did not get around to playing it. The pc version will be more convenient to play and gets it off console hardware.

Really, I got most of the Remedy games on PC now.

What is great about a Remedy game is that they are so well crafted.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
quantum_break_fuck_by_digi_matrix-d9rhm4h.gif

Gojiira

We had a thread about this game like a month ago, about exactly the same thing.

Got overlooked mostly because it was an Xbox exclusive and didn't have any good advertisement backing it up.
Was also overlooked because it had godawful performance at launch and outside of the combat was pretty meh.
I enjoyed it regardless though, it walked so the masterpiece Control could fly.

Kvally

Banned
I feel bad for anyone who hasn't experienced QB. Remedy's best game.
My favorite is Alan Wake, then Quantum Break. Then Max Payne, and lastly, Control. I am skeptical about Alan Wake 2 though. They better bring back the magic the game had with Barry.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Just bought it on Steam for 8.79$ Canadian. 80% off during this sales.

Can't wait to try it out. Always loved Remedy games, somehow skipped on this.
It launch on Xbox One when it was popular to hate anything and everything about the Xbox One.
The original PC port was a UWP application so that didnt help it either.
The Steam version launch some 6 months later so by then people were kinda already out of the crusiosity phase.
Im not that surprised you didnt get to it.

Our PC are also no powerful enough to play the game with Upscaling set to off.
The temporal reconstruction in this game isnt as good as newer techniques available today.

I always wanted the physical release cuz I loved this game that much.
QB_timeless_big.jpg

Krathoon

There were experimenting with streaming video on this game, but I don't think it really panned out. There was an option to download the video.

I think people got annoyed by it because it was not like they owned the whole game.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Call a spade a spade, it was shit on because it was exclusive to xbone. If it was multiplatform it would be as highly regarded as Uncharted.

To be fair though, the Xbox specific media weren't all that kind to it at launch either. I think the mixed media aspect of it through them a bit, that was the weakest part of it, IMO.

It's a game that could use a reboot/sequel that just stuck to the game and relied on cut scenes to fill in the necessary details from the live action show. But, extend the story and include the content that would be a traditional sequel. It has a solid plot by video game standards.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'm currently playing it and damn, so much potential but I've spent like 70% of time reading and watching the live action than the wandering around... Sometimes I shoot stuff btw.

I think it's too cinematic and try to be anything but a game so hard that it bores me, the lore and story are good though, but when I have to read like 5 pages of text of a diary again after reading 2 pages of something else... Hmmm damn, it gets too tedious and heavy no matter how much I like the story.

Thanks God they came out with Control, the way they made this game so restrictive in every possible way and left every possible narrative to text and video is just awful, so much potential lost... And the thing is that skipping text and movies feels like losing on 80% of the experience so I'll just keep doing so, I'm on Act 5 anyway so I appreciate it doesn't overstays it's welcome.

I'm coming from 80+ hours of Sekiro and wanted something more relaxing but damn it gets pretty boring too frequently considering I want to play a GAME that feels like a game, not walk 40 seconds and read for about 2 to 6 minutes a wall of text, repeat, fight for 1 minute and then watch a 30 minutes TV show.

It's a good thing this approach was rejected by players, I wouldn't like the industry going this path, but like with From software games, almost no other devs could replicate this level of quality anyway, I'm somehow enjoying it for the story, I'm just too disappointed this came from the same minds that made Alan Wake and Control.

Top Bottom