• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice Department confirms no evidence Obama wiretapped Trump Tower

Link.

The Department of Justice has acknowledged in a court filing no evidence of any wiretaps on Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign, directly contradicting a claim President Trump made in March.

The Justice Department filed a motion Friday evening acknowledging that it didn't have any evidence to back up the president's assertion.

The motion was filed in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit from the transparency group American Oversight. It found that neither the National Security Division or the FBI had any records of wiretapping that President Trump alleged.

"The FBI and Department of Justice have now sided with former [FBI Director James] Comey and confirmed in writing that President Trump lied when he tweeted that former President Obama ‘wiretapped' him at Trump Tower," the group said.

President Trump tweeted on March 4 that he "just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"

More at the link.

Dynasty

Of course they would say that, Obama is still controlling the system through the deep state.
/s

Nokterian

Why did they waste time on bullshit? Why?

giphy.gif

jph139

I mean they're gonna need an independent investigation here. Sessions is obviously in the pocket of the Deep State, they were never gonna get an unbiased report.

No fucking shit. I can't believe this was a thing. I doubt this'll be the end of it though. Trump is going to be lashing out at someone pretty soon.

It's so weeeeird that the dullards I deleted off my facebook friends list were so adamant about how there was no evidence behind any of the allegations lobbied toward Trump and co, and yet spoke on this as though it were confirmed fact. So weeeeird

Madness

Why did they waste time on bullshit? Why?

giphy.gif

Because the 45th President of the United States and Commander-in-Chief openly and publicly stated that while he was a candidate, the now former 44th President, actively used espionage tactics against him. Why would it not be investigated. We know Donald J. Trump is a pathological liar. But he is also the most powerful man in the US/world now. They have to investigate what he says. Just shows how far we've fallen.

kirblar

Of course. The wiretaps weren't on them, they were on individuals and on the Russians they kept trying to talk to.

With everything that has happened over these past few months, I had completely forgotten that Trump accused Obama of that. Totally bonkers.

Karkador

Banned
Did the DOJ even need to verify this? Felt like everyone knew the truth already.

It was a response to a FOIA request. They had to legally respond in court with the truth. I'm sure there wasn't an investigation, it's simply that they had to state the truth when it's in court.

In any case, having an official statement from Trump's own Justice Departmant of "Comey is truthful and Trump is a crazy lying idiot" should help against Trump admin's attempts to character-assassinate Comey as a witness in relation to Mueller's investigation

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
LUL

"Obamma tapped me!!!"

*neo-nazis hold a rally and murder somebody*

"We must wait for the facts to come out before condemning these fine people"

Top Bottom