• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Bieber charged with assault and dangerous driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
_77331107_bieber.jpg

Justin Bieber has been charged with assault and dangerous driving after crashing his quad bike into a minivan.

He was arrested near his hometown of Stratford, Ontario, after apparently getting into a fight with the other driver.

Ontario Provincial Police confirmed they were called to the scene to investigate and then made the arrest.

Police said they then released him on what's called a "promise to appear" in court on 29 September.

According to a police statement, an investigation "revealed that after colliding, the driver of the all terrain vehicle and an occupant of the minivan engaged in a physical altercation".

Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez' peaceful retreat in Stratford this weekend was unfortunately disrupted by the unwelcome presence of paparazzi
Brian Greenspan, Justin Bieber's lawyer

There were no reported injuries from the collision, but law enforcement sources wouldn't say whether injuries had resulted from the fight.

Justin Bieber's lawyer, Brian Greenspan, said in an emailed statement: "Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez' peaceful retreat in Stratford this weekend was unfortunately disrupted by the unwelcome presence of paparazzi.

"This has regrettably resulted in charges of dangerous driving and assault."

Bieber is serving two years probation for throwing eggs at his neighbour's house in LA.

The star, 20, already faces an assault charge in Toronto following an altercation between a limo driver and a passenger last December and is expected in court next Monday to answer that charge.

From here

An utter mess

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Lol first day of the semester again I see bieber gets arrested

Apt101

He's like a character in a parody movie at this point. He is not dealing with success well. It's tough for me to judge him because he's still basically a kid with poor influences, but at this rate I am pretty sure he'll be dead by 27.

Kid's a mess. I always get a little irked when people say, "People just hate on him because they are jealous of his success and he can get any girl he wants."

No. People hate on him because he seems like a jerk of a human being.

studyguy

I don't care, but anyone else facing that many issues with the law would have served some time by now. Wasn't he just blocking a freeway to race cars in Florida earlier this year or something?

Someone needs to throw the book at this kid for once.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I think the guy is a total twat, for sure, but I'd be violent and disorderly if I had paparazzi hounding me day in and day out too.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
He still makes that dumb ass / dazed / surprised / Jaden Smith face even for a mug shot.

This kid man... You have all this money and fame and you are still such a little prick. Feel no sympathy for him and honestly hope he is punished so he stops doing stupid stuff.

Enco

At first I had sympathy for him. He was being hated on for no reason.

Now? He deserves the hate.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Sad to see the best singing voice and best dancer in pop music throwing it all away like this.

RPGCrazied

Just throw him in jail for a few years, he obviously isn't learning anything from his mistakes. Does he buy his way out or something?

Esch

Banned
Put this hoodlum in jail. It's a real reflection of the people and culture he was brought up in that he behaves like this. They must be soft on crime. What a thug.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I hadn't even realised he was back with Selena

Kid's a mess. I always get a little irked when people say, "People just hate on him because they are jealous of his success and he can get any girl he wants."

No. People hate on him because he seems like a jerk of a human being.
That statement held true before he went off the deep end.

darscot

Who wasn't a mess at 20, I know I was. An altercation with the paparazzi the guy is hardly a thug. I say good on him.

Stet

Banned
This is kind of unprecedented as Canada has yet to have any reason to jail a celebrity for just a few days.

So he's at home, some asshole paparazzi shows up in a minvan, he crashes his quad into the minivan, and GAF thinks he should go to prison get raped, etc, etc...

Who knew GAF was so reasonable.

So he's at home, some asshole paparazzi shows up in a minvan, he crashes his quad into the minivan, and GAF thinks he should go to prison get raped, etc, etc...

If we were basing this reaction off of an isolated incident, I could see the argument. Dude was busted for DUI and got off with a slap on the wrist; he and everyone else who drives drunk deserves to lose their license and rot.

Some people think paparazzi abuse is justified and that if he wanted he could just quit show business and be left alone. However Syd Barrett tried that:

Although Barrett had not appeared or spoken in public since the mid-1970s, time did little to diminish interest in his life and work. Reporters and fans still travelled to Cambridge to seek him out, despite his attempts to live a quiet life and public appeals from his family for people to leave him alone. Many photos of Barrett being harassed by paparazzi when walking or cycling from the 1980s until his death in 2006, have been published in various media.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Unclear... was the guy he ran into a pappo or did he run into someone else and just was already in high gear because of all the pappos?

If we were basing this reaction off of an isolated incident, I could see the argument. Dude was busted for DUI and got off with a slap on the wrist; he and everyone else who drives drunk deserves to lose their license and rot.

Yes zero tolerance, mandatory sentencing, three strikes, exactly what the world needs more of. Let's put everyone in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom