• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Bieber charged with assault and dangerous driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
He's not going to be touched. The way the world works; do you understand it? He does not have the proper credentials for the criminal "justice" system. If anything, he'll be given the Lohan package which is designed to appease peasants trained to believe their masters' words.

Yes zero tolerance, mandatory sentencing, three strikes, exactly what the world needs more of. Let's put everyone in prison.
Wow, projection much? I suggested that they should lose their license, and I stand behind that suggestion. If you drive drunk, despite everything out there explaining why that is a horrible thing, you clearly do not deserve the privilege (not right, privilege) of driving. Just because someone is rich or a celebrity doesn't change that.

Wow, projection much? I suggested that they should lose their license, and I stand behind that suggestion. If you drive drunk, despite everything out there explaining why that is a horrible thing, you clearly do not deserve the privilege (not right, privilege) of driving. Just because someone is rich or a celebrity doesn't change that.

You replied to me; what you actually were doing was arguing in support of the people in this thread who think he should be in jail and used the previous DUI and your feeling that he wasn't adequately punished for it to support that position. That aside, your thoughts on how to handle any DUI most definitely falls into the zero tolerance, mandatory minimum line of thought. The fact that you think people should face progressively stiffer penalties for misdemeanors based on previous record suggests you are also supportive of three strikes policies.

Aylinato

You replied to me; what you actually were doing was arguing in support of the people in this thread who think he should be in jail and used the previous DUI and your feeling that he wasn't adequately punished for it to support that position. That aside, your thoughts on how to handle any DUI most definitely falls into the zero tolerance, mandatory minimum line of thought. The fact that you think people should face progressively stiffer penalties for misdemeanors based on previous record suggests you are also supportive of three strikes policies.

DUI are not minor offenses and they cause a lot of harm to the society at large. It's a huge problem that needs to be punished more sevrely and have education on the matter so that people know not to do it. What you are arguing is not what he's talking about at all, and all you are doing is downplaying how awful drunk driving is.

Pepiope

Kid's a mess. I always get a little irked when people say, "People just hate on him because they are jealous of his success and he can get any girl he wants."

No. People hate on him because he seems like a jerk of a human being.
When he was younger it was the former, now it's the latter.

I don't think he handled all of the hate well when he was younger, but you can't really expect him to.

agrajag

Banned
The VH1 Behind The Music for this guy when he is inevitably washed up and homeless is going to be glorious.

way more

If we were basing this reaction off of an isolated incident, I could see the argument. Dude was busted for DUI and got off with a slap on the wrist; he and everyone else who drives drunk deserves to lose their license and rot.

He had a .01 BAC, unless you want to convict people who have had 1/2 a beer then it's not a DUI. I'm not even sure a .01 means anything with the margin of error.

Sylver

Banned
If He finally ends in jail, this is the kind of prison he will join.
bbwmci.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
Asshole, lock him up please, guys out of control. Oh but we cant have that, he's famous! Probably be shot dead before landing in jail at this rate.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Bieber was a pure wholesome angel until he went to the US and their culture of violence, drugs, sex, etc. tainted him. That's just reality.

chadtwo

Bieber was a pure wholesome angel until he went to the US and their culture of violence, drugs, sex, etc. tainted him. That's just reality.

I'd venture to say that it has more to do with the corrupting influence of fame than US culture. That being said, celebrity culture seems to be much more prevalent in the US than anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom