Kain and Raziel playable in Guardian of Light.

Mama Robotnik

Apr 11, 2008
So, someone's gone exploring in the PC version of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, and found the hidden character packs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcPa8ZrFHo (watch with the mute on for reduced voice confusion, trust me on this).

Its nice to see Crystal Dynamics dust off their best characters again, its a shame they couldn't mute the contrasting voices though and just have them playing together silently.

(Oh, there's also another pack for some other people who have probably been in a game or something).

Curufinwe

May 20, 2009
That's really cool. Shame they couldn't have got some Square-Enix characters in there instead of Kane & Lynch, though.

Mama Robotnik

Apr 11, 2008
Lyphen said:
I guess that's cool if you're fine with them sounding like Lara Croft and Minsc. :\
That's what the mute button is for I think.

Dizzy-4U said:
Kain looks so happy in the last pic.
He's just happy to be in some form of video game after seven years, let him have his moment.

Sotha Sil

Nov 14, 2009
It feels right, yet so wrong...

God, how I miss these characters. Give us an Elder God-less LoK, dammit!

GoldandBlue

Dec 22, 2007
Why would anyone want to play as Kane and Lynch in this.
Curufinwe said:
That's really cool. Shame they couldn't have got some Square-Enix characters in there instead of Kane & Lynch, though.
Kain and Lightning would work pretty well in this if they could use SE characters.

gogojira

Jul 16, 2009
Kain's smile looks hilarious in the video, too.

Cool stuff, though it is odd with the whole voices thing. Is this an actual planned download pack? Maybe they'll do something about it before it releases.

Really though, this mostly just makes me want another Soul Reaver.

FunkyPajamas

Dec 12, 2008
MDE, CO, SA
Neuromancer said:
That is pretty fucking badass. Raziel was awesome character design incarnate.
Agreed, though for some reason I'm thinking people would call it an "emo vampire" or even "generic" if it was a new design shown today.

I can only hope this means they want to make younger gamers aware of the characters in some way before bringing back the IP. *crosses fingers*

Majmun

Dec 15, 2005
NeoGaf
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver is still my favorite game ever. Seeing more Raziel and Kain makes me feel warm inside.

Mad_Ban

Jan 22, 2010
Awesome. They've been in stasis for too long. :D

Also they look exactly like the same character models from Defiance (no upgrade).

Pydte

Neo Member
Sep 18, 2009
Copenhagen
Cool, Kain and Raziel fit in well with the setting. Kane & Lynch on the other hand...

I wonder how many MS points this will set me back?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oct 24, 2007
lol @ Kane with Lara's voice. I wonder if they plan to release these as DLC with proper VA?

Neuromancer

Jan 13, 2009
Baltimore, MD
twitter.com
FunkyPajamas said:
Agreed, though for some reason I'm thinking people would call it an "emo vampire" or even "generic" if it was a new design shown today.
Well you can't stop people from being stupid unfortunately.

I can only hope this means they want to make younger gamers aware of the characters in some way before bringing back the IP. *crosses fingers*
I'm ready for Soul Reaver 2 3!

Wraith RazieL

Neo Member
Jan 22, 2010
This gives me hope that they have not yet been buried and will someday come back to the masses. I would love to see at least one of them this gen....

rollingstart

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
eviloreisarapist
I'll take anything Legacy of Kain related at this point. Make Defiance 2 for XBLA/PSN/Steam and I'll buy three copies.

also, need Deus Ex character pack. JC and Paul Denton tearing shit up!

Lumine

Mar 11, 2006
Netherlands
That looks terrible! :lol

...Now I kinda wish they made the game about Kain and Raziel from the ground up. Replace the spear with the soul reaver, turn the game darker and bloodier and replace the cutscenes with Kain and Raziel arguing about the philosphical meaning of their existence. Ah well...

Gribbix

Jun 7, 2004
DangerStepp said:
When Amy Hennig decides to go back to that story?

Also, didn't the voice of Kain pass away a while back?
No. That was Tony Jay, the voice of the Elder God.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dec 15, 2008
nowhere
www.neogaf.com
I remember this being mentioned awhile back, but I thought that by Kain they meant Kane, the weirdo guy from the Kane & Lynch games. That would have been an odd pairing I guess.