• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kalypso announces The First Templar for Xbox 360 & PC

ymmv

Banned
REMEMBER CITADEL said:
It does have that retro look, which is something I actually like. For some reason, the first game that came to mind when I saw the forest shot was Betrayal in Anatara. :)

Jesus Christ, the kids these days...

Since you're the expert here, maybe you could start updating Kalypso Media's games on Wikipedia since a lot of the titles listed only have placeholder links and no actual information. Looks to me like many of those games are very obscure if no one has bothered with a Wiki page so far. I'm keeping up with the PS3, 360, Wii and PSP so excuse me for missing out on a small German publisher of niche titles.

To be honest, I found out later that I had heard of one of those titles (Jack Kean) a couple of years ago in some thread about modern adventure games.

Arucardo

If the fighting physics and overall physics (something similar to Mount & Blade) are good I'm interested.

Also, off-topic: DennisK4 where's that clip from? :lol A naughty bear trailer or something? I haven't seen them so I'm just guessing here :D .

szaromir said:
Whoah, I loved Airline Tycoon as a kid. A sequel after that many years is a surprise. Patrician is also a nice series, albeit very hardcore.
yeah, kalypso bought the ip from spellbound. a lot of old ips back again from kalypso. tropico, airline tycoon, patrician, pole position. but, so.. airline tycoon 2 isn't made by spellbound obviously. it's by realmforge, the guys that did ceville and the not so great mudtv, so should be good

segarr

The game has a very literal look style wise I've come to expect from European developers, excluding France.

The lighting looks good; however, the environments lack scale. Some vast skyboxes need to be added or something to give me a sense of place.

It might be a good gamefly rental. I'm hoping it's just a six-hour action packed bloodbath that I can run through in a few sittings. If you're going to do RPG mechanics a higher level of quality is needed to keep me interested and my expectations aren't there yet.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ive played a couple of hours.
Its not bad at all (The cutscenes need a looot of work) but overall is pretty fun.

dude

dude
Something about these screenshots gives me a Playmobil set vibe. Everything looks like plastic or something.

EDIT: Damn, I gotta start reading when stuff was posted :|

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
dude said:
Something about these screenshots gives me a Playmobil set vibe. Everything looks like plastic or something.
My PC cant handle the game at full detail so dunno but the art style is not 'next gen gritty realistic' ™

Top Bottom