• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West and Jay-Z are Allegedly Beefing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that while we absolutely can never presume to know how Jay feels about Kanye, that it's pretty clear that Kanye has been thirsting more than someone trapped in death valley, to be brother status with Jay since day one, regardless of Jay's feelings towards him.

BadAss2961

Ew4y57P.jpg
lol

kanye-wipe-mouth.gif

No love for Kim. Also they don't want their kid on that damn Kardashian show and you know that's the first thing they would want to do with north and blue meeting.

The Kree

Banned
It sucks that business is getting in the way of the music. I can get understand being upset about that. The rest seems kind of petty to me. Kim getting robbed was awful, but I'm not sure why he'd expect Jay to drop everything to visit them. A phone call is as much as I'd expect from most of my friends if I ever had the misfortune of experiencing such an event. I doubt most of the people he's met through the industry even did that much.

This'll all blow over eventually. I'd be happy to hear any new music from them as the Throne if that ever happens again. The rift between (assuming one even exists) them isn't nearly as large as some people seem to believe.

I think business is the reason any music was made at all. If Jay didn't stand to profit from collaborating with Kanye, Watch The Throne wouldn't exist. Kanye's craziness is partially what makes him a financial draw, but it probably makes him unbearable to be around if he never turns that shit off. All Kanye really needs to do is chill the fuck out off camera and part 2 would probably happen.

kanye-wipe-mouth.gif

No love for Kim. Also they don't want their kid on that damn Kardashian show and you know that's the first thing they would want to do with north and blue meeting.
I think it's less not wanting Blue to be on the show, because I'm sure Kanye would respect that, especially since he largely stays out of the show aside for a few appearances as far as I know, so Ye would respect it.
But more that they don't want Blue to be influenced into the celebrity reality show/instagram modeler life.

Dreez

I think they just hella busy... Kanye touring, Beyonce touring, Kim with her reality show, not sure what Jay Z's doing.

I think they just hella busy... Kanye touring, Beyonce touring, Kim with her reality show, not sure what Jay Z's doing.
Running his business's and working on the shows/films he's producing for his Weinstein deal.
Also maybe some recording in between.

Pavaloo

kanye should link up with solange for a track

tbh jay has always felt like a shady dude to me, but what do i know

Squalor

I think it's less not wanting Blue to be on the show, because I'm sure Kanye would respect that, especially since he largely stays out of the show aside for a few appearances as far as I know, so Ye would respect it.
But more that they don't want Blue to be influenced into the celebrity reality show/instagram modeler life.
So instead she can model on her mother's Instagram account.
kanye should link up with solange for a track

tbh jay has always felt like a shady dude to me, but what do i know
Her new album is fucking fire. I'm kind of surprised they haven't worked together. Would be great.
Two reclusive celebs don't like hanging out or bringing their kids around two celebs that stay in controversy.. weird..
So reclusive that she released an album about his affairs.

Busty

Banned
I never got the impression that these two were particularly close outside of a mutually beneficial business situation. I doubt they've ever spent time together in a social setting.

Almost everything about Kanye is a construct based around selling a specific brand/image.

I don't keep up with this shit, but who in their right mind would call their kid North West? Jesus christ.

EDIT: And theres a second called SAINT West, holy shit. What a joke.

ShdwDrake

Banned
I feel bad for Ye. But maybe he expects too much from people. Ye should do the smart thing and expect people to be shitty.

Kelsdesu

Im whatever about Kanye. Jay busy making moves. He should stfu and do the same instead of putting personal shit out in the street.

if is true

I don't think Jay wants to hang around someone loud as Kanye. He's been in old, quiet mode for years. I'm sure he values his privacy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Few thoughts, because this typical media trying to create a story bigger than what it probably is:

- At best, this is Jay frustrated with Kanye initiating conflicts that are messy for Tidal and Jay's interests (i.e. Wolves) but then again, Jay was willing to jump on Pop Style and make things messy himself. Because how the fuck does doing Pop Style not implicate him in colluding with the enemy if he's truly trying to stick by Meek Mills? This all makes little sense from Jay's perspective, which is ALWAYS business-first. Jay doing a feature for someone without a good reason is unheard of, so I'm supposed to believe he did Pop Style without being aware of the Meek thing until he realized it was an album track/Apple exclusive? So inconsistent with Jay's views on things.

- Lol @ the rumours saying that Jay was just trying to get through WTT because he couldn't handle Ye's ego. Remember when the rumours came out that Jay was trying to turn the duo tour into a all-star tour full of tons of guests every show and Ye was allegedly throwing a temper tantrum over this? And then it came out that it was the opposite, and there was no tantrum, just a disagreement? And then they both laughed about it? And then Jay did all those interviews saying he'd only ever do a collab project with Ye because they work so well together? And then WTT2 started recording a year or two ago? This is the biggest alleged support that they're beefing and it's pretty bull based on the explanation given.

- Ye is wrong for airing this out publicly, as Charlamagne said, this is not what friends do to friends. Then again, friends come to each others weddings, regardless of any media-related circumstances of those weddings.

- Ye is also wrong (IMO) for seeing an issue with their kids not playing together and expecting someone to fly out to see if you're good post-robbery. A call is more than most people get, and you guys are international touring sensations, y'all should know people are busy, and kids not playing together is a really weird, self-centred kind of expectation to have for your interpersonal relationships IMO.

Zekes!

I never got the impression that these two were particularly close outside of a mutually beneficial business situation. I doubt they've ever spent time together in a social setting.

Almost everything about Kanye is a construct based around selling a specific brand/image.

You must not listen to a lot of their music

therealjay

Neo Member
I only half follow any of this and it's been clear to me for years that Jay-Z is not the type of dude who's gonna be boys with a guy like Kanye.

The way the man acts in public I don't think I could take more then a half hour with him. Not trying to hear about you changing the world with kids hats or some shit. Like jesus that dudes a mess. With his trashy ass wife too.

Gurantee you Jay/Beyonce have zero interest in bringing their kids around that nuthouse. I can appreciate them a lot more because they seem like normal people with their priorities straight and their heads firmly screwed in.

And being real Kanye's music's been boring since like 2010 for me anyway. I'd be cool with him and the kardashian clan going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom