• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Karak (ACG): Cyberpunk 2077 is now the buggiest game I have reviewed. Beating Unity

Saddly is the Youtubers, Ignorant review Journalism and many gamers of this era.

The perfect example
More like the Corpo investers are at fault.
Corpo: Here is the money to make your game, go make it
Corpo: is the game ready yet?
cdpr: No, it's not one hundred percent, more like 70 percent.
Corpo: release it now
CDPR: It's not ready though, we want it to be really good right from the start, at least let it get to 90 percent
Corpo: release now
*game releases and is buggy: Corpos "lets distance from the project and throw cdpr under the bus.

Just makes me glad EA was not in charge.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
> make ultra left wing game
> use corporate™ PR campaign
>> ??
>>> profit

Last edited:
In 25 hours on PC I've had zero CTDs, had to revert a save once when a quest corpse fell through the world during a firefight, and experienced some non-game-breaking bugs like my HP bar temporarily showing stuck to 0 when it wasn't or a few lines of dialogue not being audible. Several bugs I experienced early were fixed after the fact by the 1.04 hotfix and I haven't had as many issues since.

I've had one bug where an NPC went through the gameworld and I couldn't progress because I had to clear the room and our boi was deep inside the world. Lol.
No bugs, other than that. Game is :messenger_fire:

Killer8

xvu3ubu82.jpg

The problem wasn't the delay in of itself. The problem was CDPR kept fucking around with the date, repeatedly. No one delays 3 times within the space of a year.

If something looks like shit, like the Halo Infinite reveal, people can be surprisingly patient and understanding of why a long delay has to happen. That was the sentiment I saw during the first CP2077 delay. What people don't like is getting their hopes up thinking it's going to release next month, then suddenly it's another month away - twice.

If you set a date it damn well better be realistic.

Enjay

Banned
I love this. I can only hope other studios learn from the shit storm that cdprojektred brought unto itself and learn to just stfu and make your game.

Hostile_18

Banned
The problem wasn't the delay in of itself. The problem was CDPR kept fucking around with the date, repeatedly. No one delays 3 times within the space of a year.

If something looks like shit, like the Halo Infinite reveal, people can be surprisingly patient and understanding of why a long delay has to happen. That was the sentiment I saw during the first CP2077 delay. What people don't like is getting their hopes up thinking it's going to release next month, then suddenly it's another month away - twice.

If you set a date it damn well better be realistic.

Didn't Last of Us Part 2 get delayed three times this year? Definitely at least twice.

Didn't Last of Us Part 2 get delayed three times this year? Definitely at least twice.

It got delayed twice. First time because they needed an additional 3 months. Second time because of the covid situation.

I would say they had somewhat realistic expecations, and it came out incredibly polished.

Cyberpunk though? Well you just have to look at the spring release date to know managment didn't even care to look at the state of the game. In the end they released the game in november because that was the latest they were willing push it back to, not because that's when they expected the game to be in a shippable state.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Six hours in, just hit act 2.
Here's the bugs I have noticed:
Floating guns in one shootout.
My arms disappeared in one cutscene.
An enemy got glitched in an elevator, popping in and out of existence.
That's it. I have no doubt the console versions are bugged, and maybe AMD products are more buggy, but my experience has been fine.

Killer8

Twice. Feb 21 > May 29 > June 19.

I think it got away with its delays more than CP2077 though. First delay was for quality reasons. Second delay was because of the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on development. Both reasons were understandable enough. Also, when Sony delayed it the second time, at first they said it was delayed "indefinitely". That tempered people's expectations a bit and the finale release date would come a bit later when it could be guaranteed. The story leaks were also happening around then which distracted people. Delays don't mean much to someone who no longer wants the game.

Helscream

Banned
"Hey guys, this is Karak from ACG, and what the **** happen to this game?"

Jokes aside, CDProjectRed has a history of providing great post launch support. Even going all the back to the janky mess Witcher 1 was when it first launched back in 2007.

Bad news is you will have to wait a year for the "enhanced" edition to experience the game as intended. Or you can trade in your house for a RTX AssBlaster 9000 to run the game smoothly.

More like the Corpo investers are at fault.
Corpo: Here is the money to make your game, go make it
Corpo: is the game ready yet?
cdpr: No, it's not one hundred percent, more like 70 percent.
Corpo: release it now
CDPR: It's not ready though, we want it to be really good right from the start, at least let it get to 90 percent
Corpo: release now
*game releases and is buggy: Corpos "lets distance from the project and throw cdpr under the bus.

Just makes me glad EA was not in charge.
I mean that's one way of looking at it, but based on job reviews on glassdoor, and what certain reddit posts from anonim devs were saying about Cyberpunk 2077, they kinda didn't know what kind of game they should be making, and management was a mess. You can't really absolve CDPR of the whole release either. They have more than enough revenue, and could have done pushback against investors after finally figuring out what they want to do. It's hilarious how CDPR is now going around trying to save face as some poor victim , while on the same time a day or two before went around posting how they already recouped their dev costs, and how fucking great that is. Or hell take the bullet and say: Fuck it, no PS4 and Xbox Last Gen versions, refund the pre-orders, and take the hit.

Also I gotta say ... for people saying this is the best immersive sim ever, and so complex it actually feels like I have less variety here than in Assassin's Creed Valhalla in terms of sidequests, and I was surprised Skillup saying this is a magical game (with loads of bugs so play it 3 months down the line). It's an absolutely basic cookie cutter game ,with some neat dialogue choices and some ok choices for sidequests.

In fact I'm surprised that during the Karak stream between those two youtubers, that they kept saying this is the most indepth game in terms of story, or maybe it was the design. But if I'm playing an open world immersive sim, maybe I don't want to keep just killing, or make some weird ass side quests similar to Yakuza, or some minigames besides racing, and the shootouts. I played 36 hours of the game, and the map is just riddled with these one off instances of either sidequests or encounters where you just do the same thing over and over, and it's so much I would say it's worse here than in AC: Valhalla.

Last edited:

SaiyanRaoh

On PC and I'm 38 hours into the game with about 30% story completion (if I'm reading that correctly.) and I've yet to run into any major bugs. No hard crashes or anything, just the odd t-pose or three and my bike teleporting into another vehicle after summoning it. I wonder why people have more and severe bugs than others? It's like I'm playing a different game. I am absolutely loving it. I think I'll get about 100 or so hours at the rate I'm playing.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
NGE5IRw.jpg

But seriously though, after spending ages editing all my keybindings config files the PC version is incredible. Broken as fuck but definitely fun.
Hope you made backup. I can see those config files being reset during an update.

I learned this over years of playing Elite Dangerous.

En Sama

I am enjoying the game for the most part. Here is a few of the things I have experienced, I am playing on PS4 Pro.
Every time I load the game my inverted y axis has switched back to default and it is quite annoying.
Peoples phones just floating by the side of their heads.
The game was sporadically crashing until I turned off the boost mode in the PS4 settings, since I have done that I had my first full hour of playing the game with no crashes.

hemo memo

Gold Member
By the way, the game on PC is not “Metacritic must-play” anymore as it went down to 89 score

PC - 89

and consoles scores are out

PS4 - 50
XONE - 51

Also IGN gave the PS4 version a 4 out of 10.

Now it is not surprising why they are offering refunds. This is hitting their reputation hard but they deserve it because they knew they are releasing a broken product on base consoles and did their best to cover that by not giving review codes to the console version or showing footage for people to have an informed decision.

My experience so far had been pretty ok. No major bug. One thing that happened was when I reload right before an animation where some dudes go into a car and leave. After the reloading they were T-posing and above the roof of the car. I found it very funny to be honest. Playing on XSX version 1.04.

Trimesh

Banned
Now I've played every modern Elder Scrolls and Fallout on release day, and what I'm experiencing here is better than any of those experiences, glitch-wise. Even smoother sailing than Witcher 3 launch.

Am I lucky?

Hard to say, but I'm having the same experience as you - so far, the only bug I've had was a missing quest marker that could be fixed simply by saving and reloading. This is on PC - i7-4970K, 32GB RAM, RXT2080 FE (playing with RT off). I have to admit that although I have both a P4Pro and XboneX I never considered even trying to play this game on anything but PC.

Maybe I'm just lucky - from some of the comments on here I was expecting some sort of horrible broken mess like Fallout 76 or AC Unity at launch, but haven't had anything like that and so far I'm enjoying the game.

I'm 30+ hours in now ( PC version on a 1080ti ) and can only report a few minor bugs.

- I've seen NPC's on the street holding the T-pose position a few times.
- I've seen a weird graphical glitch that looked a bit odd as Jackie moved in front of a window.
- occasionally I'll have to press X twice ( instead of once ) to open up a store menu to buy something.
- once Judy said her line of dialogue at the same time that V said his line.
- a few times after killing an NPC the gun that they drop is floating half a meter off the ground rather than being on the ground.
- sometimes the physics engine has wonked out during collisions, usually resulting in something funny happening. For example, an NPC walked into me and then immediately rag-dolled. I've also had by bike get stuck ontop of a car once.

I have had ZERO crashes. No serious quest bugs. I've never had to reload a mission because I could not progress. I did think I had a quest bug once but it turns out I just didn't know what to do. There is a quest with Judy (no spoilers) where she calls you and tells you to come to her apartment but when I got to the door it wouldn't open. I tried to reload a save file and it sill wouldn't. Turns out the problem is that I'm not a gentleman. I have to ring the doorbell and not simply press X to barge in like I've done with every other door in the game.

Yeah, everything has been 99.9% smooth and bug free and the small ones I have experienced are nothing special or beyond what I might experience in literally any other game.

The story, characters and world are all S-tier. Literally THE most atmospheric game I've ever played. I have enjoyed every single story missions so far. CDPR doesn't shy away from going to dark places. Love it. Makes the story and characters in Valhalla seem SILLY and rated PG by comparison. All the main story missions so far have been superb with the side quests mostly being good to excellent. The character progression has also been solid as I slowly get more and more powerful.

At this point Cyberpunk is GOTG for me.

Top Bottom