• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katamari Damacy (PS2 classics) coming to US PSN next week

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Eusis

Oh, maybe We Love Katamari will come, I never did play that one!

Would've liked the manual physically though, they apparently did a decent job there before phoning it in. At least unlike Nintendo Sony has scans of the original manual, so it won't be a big deal.

big youth

get it? on a roll

i trade a lot of my games in after i beat them, assuming if i ever wanted to have them again i could buy them back down the line for about the same price i traded in, if not less. KD, We<3KD and Katamari Forever remain in my collection though. neat games

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Most likely $9.99 like every PS2 classic.

Malajax

Somebody was saying that they would be happy forever if they released Katamari next. I think it was in the Fire Pro Wrestling thread. Good for that guy!

I'll wait for We Love Katamari. Never got to play that one.

Zekes!

It was 20 bucks when it came out, right?

I remember walking in to EBGames after it had just came out, seeing it just sitting on the shelf, looked at the boxart, looked at the price, and bought it.

Man what a magical game. Shame they kind of ran in into the ground.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's such a bummer that the stuff I would REALLY want would probably be stuck in licensing hell, THPS and Def Jam.

IDK though they did GTA, but I imagine 2K keeps that stuff active because of iOS releases.

ULTROS!

I wish SE releases Radiata Stories.

sn00zer

We <3 Katamari > Katamari Damacy >= Katamari Forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything Else

EDIT: I think the second is better than the first, but you need to play the first to really appreciate the second

I never played the original. I only really played (and beat) Katamari 2 and Katamari Vita.

I'd gladly buy this. I am sad that the number of weird, risky console games at retail have gone down since, though.

big youth

We <3 Katamari > Katamari Damacy >= Katamari Forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything Else

EDIT: I think the second is better than the first, but you need to play the first to really appreciate the second

I basically agree with your rankings, but the original KD only gets ranked that high for it's music, which still hasn't been topped by any sequels. if we're talking pure gameplay, I'd rank it after Forever

IrishNinja

such an amazing game when it dropped, i played it a short time later & it's still among my favorites...i wanna say most of the better levels made it into Forever but i still wanna go back & spend some time with it

I'll be happy if they release Gitaroo Man next.

this'd be cool too, meant to play this one a bit more than i did years back...honestly i'm still bummed we never saw Vib Ribbon after either Phil or Jack directly saying we would though

There were a few Katamari games released for the PS3 right? Which one was the best? I've been wanting to experience another katamari game

DigitalOp

Banned
Yooo!!!! I forgot Blood Dragon comes out next update!!!
Cised.

Katamari is pretty ill, don't know if I want it on PS3 or if ill find a PS2 copy

There were a few Katamari games released for the PS3 right? Which one was the best? I've been wanting to experience another katamari game

PS3 has Katamari Forever which has a bunch of the older stages redone in HD with several graphical filters and modes. It's well worth it for Katamari Drive mode. If they no longer make any more for consoles, I feel they ended on a good note.

One of the first PS2 games I ever played. Since then I've also played Beautiful Katamari and Touch My Katamari and they're all basically the same game, with some slight improvements. I can't see why anyone would go back to the PS2 one at this point, especially when the 360/PS3/Vita versions can be found for next to nothing.

That's convenient they only released the second game in Europe and I managed to snag a copy. Would be nice to try the first game some day but no big deal if they never release it here.

Curufinwe

I remember Kevin Pereira campaigning on G4 for Katamari to be released over here. He really put the game on my radar, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Are the soundtracks on ITunes now? I liked the music so much I imported the CDs back in the day.

AlexBasch

This game would be a miracle if it was released today.

Either it would be: far too weird, not enough sales or would deeply offend somebody.

Why only in the US and not Europe?
Never originally came to Europe, supposedly there was something preventing that happening but I don't think Namco ever said what. And quite frankly with the state of the PS2 classics releases in Europe we wouldn't get it anyway, only budget trash gets released here, we haven't had an actual classic PS2 release in over a year.

kitsuneyo

Thanks, I didn't know that it was import-only here. I'll be buying on the US PS Store as soon as I can get some credit sorted out on there.

Top Bottom